Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Calling All Angels, Please Help Me...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My name is jade. On july 14th I found out from that i'm pregnant, approximately 4 weeks from my lmp. As of today, i'm suppose to be 8 weeks. A few days after I found out I was pregnant, I began to bleed. It went from pink, to bright red the next day, to brown the third day, which didn't even look like blood but a discharge. I admitted myself into er since I have no healthcare coverage, in which they took a pregnancy urine test that was a faint positive (same thing I was told when they did my very first preg test), a pelvic exam which determined my cervix was closed, and a blood test to check my hcg levels, which were low but considered normal for my length of pregnancy. I was suppose to follow up with an ob/gyn the following day, july 19th, in order to do another blood test to see if my levels fell, however I was starting a new job and unable to attend. The spotting continued on and off until july 27th, when I went to my annual exam appointment. I informed them of my pregnancy and symptoms, disclosing that the hospital I went to stated I am having a threatened miscarriage. They did a pelvic exam and my cervix was still closed. They took a sample of the discharge, which she stated had an order but I didn't smell anything. She stated they would schedule me for an ultrasound and blood test to test my hcg levels again and compare them with my previous ones. Unfortunately the ultrasound facility was not in the same location and completely too far for me, but I did do the blood test and have a follow-up appointment on august 13th to discuss the results. I'm very afraid, and my fiancee' already assumes i'm not pregnant anymore (he more so is just concerned). Yesterday morning, on august 2nd, I passed very small clots followed with minimal blood. The clots were like the size of a pin head, so I don't think it was a miscarriage because my child should be about the size of a cherry now, but who's to tell. I've read plenty of articles, and I think the clot was just old blood clotted together, or skin, but I kept it so I can show my ob. Has anyone went through this? Should I be overally concerned? I know no one can assure me of success, but atleast let me know it's not automatic failure...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I really think you should see a doctor and find out?
It wont do you any good to assume you miscarried without it being confirmed, if thats what u htink has happened I guess.
On thr other hand if you are pregnant. It wont do you or the baby any good if your are just going to wait and see.

I hope you work things out.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Thank You
I am going to see a doctor on my scheduled appointment on the 13th. The clots were just too small so I don't believe I miscarried. I've just been worried this month and it's hard to grasp whether i'm pregnant or just imagining it. I want to be so bad. I've saved the clots for observation, I just wanted a postive not pointed in the right direction I guess, i'm just waiting for a miracle...
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im sorry you have to go through this. I wish you luck, and hope that everything works out ok. How long have you been bleeding for? Is it light or heavy (like a period or worse)? I always heard that brown blood/ discharge is old blood. That would be so stressful I dont know what I would do if I was in your situation. Just remember stress can hurt you and the baby, so try not to stress (i know, its hard) in case the bleeding is just something weird going on... If you have/ are miscarrying, I wish you all the luck in the world with conceiving, and just keep in mind that everything happens for a reason. God wont put you through anything you cant handle.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Thank you very much. The blood has never been heavy, just light to moderate spotting off and on. These past couple of weeks it's just been discharge, I think I may have an infection or something. But i'm not stressing out about it, the more literature I read on it to become knowledgeable of the subject, the more at ease my mind is. Thanks for your concern, greatly appreciated!!! :p
|