Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

How Do I Deal With This Dilemma

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Long story short.... Left my girlfriend 8 1/2 months ago for a work assignment. I came back just in time to see my son born. We haven't had sex as she needed time to heal. Just last week I had an outbreak of warts in my genital area. I was told that I have genital warts and understand that I could have had it for years without knowing it. But as her healing time is coming to a close she is mentioning sex and counting down to the exact day and hour that we have the green light. The only thing that concerns me is that when I tell her I have this is that she will think I was cheating while I was away no matter how much I explain that I could have been carrying this virus for years. I care about her a lot and I also don't want her to get vindictive and use my newborn son as a weapon. How do I handle this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|