Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Cholesterol Up After Not Taking Lipitor

Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
Hi all

i laid off lipitor for 3 months ago (was taking only 5mg for 3 months)
and my cholesterol went back to 260 md/dl

and for my liver I had this ggt reading 106 u/l which the doc said should be less than 51

thanks in advance for your replies

dan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2004
Experienced User
You might want to keep monitoring your liver to be safe.. I know statins can cause liver problems. I would keep an eye on that and if the numbers aren't normal than do not go back on any cholesterol lowering drugs. 260 is high, but it depends on if you have any other risks for heart failure as to whether it will really increase your chance of a heart attack.
|

replied June 2nd, 2005
Do It Naturally
Hi dan

you have many various natural options available to you to lower your cholesterol without having to take prescription medication or their dangerous side effects

lifestyle changes including what you eat, exercise, stress factors and natural supplements all eliminate the need for prescription meds

there are many natural alternatives/supplements that can help to lower cholesterol. Some of these are reportedly more effective in lowering cholesterol than prescription medications, without the dangerous side effects

these include: guggul, policosanol, red yeast rice, pantethine etc. In addition there are at least another 30 natural supplements that can help to lower cholesterol. Hope that helps.

All the best

ramzi
|

replied June 15th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Cholesterol Up After Not Taking Lipitor
simlimking wrote:
hi all

i laid off lipitor for 3 months ago (was taking only 5mg for 3 months)
and my cholesterol went back to 260 md/dl

and for my liver I had this ggt reading 106 u/l which the doc said should be less than 51

thanks in advance for your replies

dan

the first thing to do is to totally ignore the "naturalists" !!

Second, I would ask your doctor about vytorin, it is a newer formula with both of the major statins in it to lower both genetic chol and self induced chol.

Until one of these natrual remedy people offers to cover all of your medical care after you start on their garbage, I wouldnt waste a penny buying any of it! I really wish there was a way to hold these companies responsible for thier crap ads and ponzi schemes!
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
Lipitor And Cholesterol
I am speaking from my own experience.

My doctor prescribed lipitor to lower my cholesterol. I didn't take it. I listened to the advice of my friends who told me that I would be destroying my liver.

To make a long story short. I had a massive heart attack 6 months later. With a total cholesterol level of 370. I was only 37 years old.

bottom line. Try to find an alternative for lipitor. There are other statins available, such as zocor, zetia or niacin. You should discuss with your doctor to find out which one is the best, for your particular situation. Dont ignore your heart to benifit your liver, nor ignore your liver to benefit your heart. You need them both.

Lots of luck, health and happiness.
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Aged Garlic to Lower Cholesterol!
Did you know that one of the most important health benefits of garlic is
lowering cholesterol!?
Aged garlic is the extract of fresh, whole garlic aged in alcohol. It contains all of the natural goodness from whole fresh garlic, and if administered correctly, without the unpleasant aftertaste or odor!

I have some pages that sell aged garlic:

straussheartdrops
garlicure

try it!!!
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Aged Garlic to Lower Cholesterol!
Did you know that one of the most important health benefits of garlic is
lowering cholesterol!?
Aged garlic is the extract of fresh, whole garlic aged in alcohol. It contains all of the natural goodness from whole fresh garlic, and if administered correctly, without the unpleasant aftertaste or odor!

I have some pages that sell aged garlic:

straussheartdrops
garlicure

try it!!!
|
Quick Reply