Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Baby Trips And Real Baby Clothes

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Okay I was looking at infant tennis, and I was thinking about when I should really buy them for the baby to wear. Everyone is telling me, to wait and get them at 3 months, cuz that's when you can expect the baby to where them the longest, but I just want to dress my baby up like a big person. Lol. I am seeing all of these cute baby clothes, and little versions of some of my clothes even. It would just be so cute. But I know that I will most likely just get onesies (sp), and sleepers for the baby's first 2 months, and get real clothes at three months. And I was thinking I should do the same thing as far trips and things. Like I was thinking about how soon I want to actually go out with the baby other than to the doctor or daycare. I think our first trip will be to the aquarium. Do ya'll think the baby can go to the movies at 3 months? If so maybe we'll go. But I was trying to find one of the mommy and baby movie theaters that I saw on tv. But no luck so far down here. So I guess we'll be going to the regular movies. Ohh, I just can't wait.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Haha movies??? U will rather spend that time skeeping or catching up on laundry!Lol---onesies and sleepers all the way--jaydyn hasnt worn 1/4 of her 'dress-up' clothes,and shes outgrew a bunch of crap already that she only wore 1 or 2 times---they dont need many clothes--just wash em...Lol
|

replied July 31st, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Lol. I hope I can go to the movies, but I doubt it. When do you think you'll but her dress up clothes again? And when do babies start to stay one size for a while? I was thinking about just going to buy the full first year of clothes. I made out a crappy budget , so don't laugh. Okay I figure i'll spend $1000, on all of the "hardware" (i already have the crib, and I had a stroller but I took it back) including more baby bedding, a travel system (the car seat and the stroller that can be hooked together), baby bottles, a lot of diapers and wipes from sam's, toiletries (sp), formula, and whatever other hardware I may need. And then I think and I hope the full first year of baby clothes shouldn't cost anymore than $1500, but I know that all depends on where I shop. And so that is it for now. But I just realized that I only have 6 months left til the baby gets here, and that only gives me til december to have everything in place. I just scared the piss out of myself.
|

replied July 31st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
newlife wrote:
lol. I hope I can go to the movies, but I doubt it. When do you think you'll but her dress up clothes again? And when do babies start to stay one size for a while? I was thinking about just going to buy the full first year of clothes. I made out a crappy budget , so don't laugh. Okay I figure i'll spend $1000, on all of the "hardware" (i already have the crib, and I had a stroller but I took it back) including more baby bedding, a travel system (the car seat and the stroller that can be hooked together), baby bottles, a lot of diapers and wipes from sam's, toiletries (sp), formula, and whatever other hardware I may need. And then I think and I hope the full first year of baby clothes shouldn't cost anymore than $1500, but I know that all depends on where I shop. And so that is it for now. But I just realized that I only have 6 months left til the baby gets here, and that only gives me til december to have everything in place. I just scared the piss out of myself.
--
really, they only need one or two dressy outfits..I have to go buy her a 'christening outfit' soon for her baby dedication. I dunno when they start to stay one size..Jaydyn is only 5 weeks old and growing like a weed. I def. Wouldnt buy the first years of clothes, b/c ull learn what works and what doesnt and what u use more. I use the crap out of gerber onesies b/c they are cut smaller than other onesies..I even had to buy some premie outfits when she was born even though she was 8 1/2 pounds! B/c their clothes are like ours, some are cut bigger and some are smaller...But def. At walmart, get a package or two of the gerber onesies.At walmart a box of wipes(like 400) is 8.99 so I get a coupon for a 1.00 off and they are only 7.99 which is good, and I get pampers(the best in my opinion) they are like 16.49 for the super jumbo pack(112 diapers-which lasts a good lil while-jay goes through about 8-10 diapers a day) and I get a 2.00 off or 1.00 off coupon and it helps alot...And dont spend all ur $$ on johnsons and johnsons stuff...The store brand is the same thing..And gas drops. Dont spend mega bucks on mylicon..The store brand is the same exact freakkin thing..U get double for half the price! Its ridiculous--are u gonna get wic? B/c formula is wayy expensive!One value sized can is 21.00 and it will prolly last me 5 or 6 days....The lil cans last about 2 or 3 days ....Hope this helps some..Oh yea, and find someone that knows what they are doing when they put ur stroller together, b/c I put mine together(well, the wheels, and stuff)and the other day we went to the zoo and one of my wheels fell off! So I had to keep kicking it back on ever like 10 steps! Lmao
|

replied July 31st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have been taking josh to the movies with me since he was like 3 weeks old. He has been like 4 times. He sits in my lap and watches a bit, thenm eats, then sleeps. But hes a calm baby. Not all babies are like that. Dont even bother with a lot of dress up clothes. You wont use them. Kepp clothes as simple as possible because if you dont, its a pain in the butt to change diapers. Kepp it too onesies and 1-2 piece outfits as much as possible!
|

replied July 31st, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Lol jordan. Thanks ya'll. I started collecting coupons last month, most of them expire in january so i'll try and do all my shopping in december. It seems so far but then so close. Well anyway, I didn't get on wic, but i'll get it when the baby is born or maybe I will get it. I could have gotten it the last time I went to the doc, but it was so d*mn hot outside, and I just wanted to go home. I was thinking about what you said about diapers jordan, and it seems like people are trying to scare me b/c everyone is telling me that their baby went threw like 30 diapers a day. Which I know would cost an arm and a leg. And I figured that about the store brand stuff, cuz if you sit and read the labels you see the same thing. But the only thing is you don't know how much of what they put in there. Ohh well. I see what ya'll are saying about he clothes, but I don't think i'll be able to resist buying the baby a cute outfit here in there with some cute little baby tennis to match. I love baby stuff, can ya'll tell?
|

replied August 1st, 2004
Oh yea, and find someone that knows what they are doing when they put ur stroller together, b/c I put mine together(well, the wheels, and stuff)and the other day we went to the zoo and one of my wheels fell off! So I had to keep kicking it back on ever like 10 steps! Lmao

thats funny lol other then that yes stick to the lil under shirts or onsies there the best and esy to change lol
and as far as the buying for the first year it sounds like a good idea but then again I wouldnt
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Wait until you have a baby shower. I haven't really had to buy any clothes for jayden until just this month and she is 12 months!!!!
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
neana wrote:
oh yea, and find someone that knows what they are doing when they put ur stroller together, b/c I put mine together(well, the wheels, and stuff)and the other day we went to the zoo and one of my wheels fell off! So I had to keep kicking it back on ever like 10 steps! Lmao

thats funny lol other then that yes stick to the lil under shirts or onsies there the best and esy to change lol
and as far as the buying for the first year it sounds like a good idea but then again I wouldnt

hey!I wrote that not neana! Screwed up forum!
|