Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Do U Think?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Question well I missed 5 pills the earlier part of this month...The 4-9 due to being away and forgetting to take them with me. Well I started my period (if thats what u wanna call it) the 2th of this month like I was supposed to. It was very light bleeding and lasted for about 14 hours. For the past week...I have been getting headaches...Hot flashes when im in the air conditioning....Sweats...And ive been getting dizzy spells over the past couple of days..They dont last long but its weird because I will be sitting there reading a book or something and get dizzy all of a sudden. I still havent started bleeding again and I often feel like I have to pee but when I go to pee...Its just a few drops. I was wondering if the messed up period and all of this could be due to the fact I missed pills or that im really preg. Oh and I didnt double on my missed pills...I just picked up where I left off...I took the first missed pill when I got back and hte next one the next day and so on....Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 30th, 2004
I Hope This Helps
I just have to add this first, I was a navy nuke's wife also!

If in fact you missed pills, its odd to be getting those symptoms so early. However, not unheard of. The problems urinating is not a common symptom of pregnancy at all and may be attributed to a urinary tract infection. Your symptoms may from be the fact that your whole system is thrown off because your missed pills. Your light period could very well be attributed to that because your body is used to bleeding when you finish your pills (putting it simply). Figure out when your period is expected again, then a week after its late (if it is) test yourself with a pregnancy test. There is a chance you have a virus or an infection causing those symptoms you should see a doctor immediately.

Now, if you had sex after you missed pills, and it was somewhere halfway through your cycle, and the slight period you had was actually about the time you expected to get your period, then yes, there is a pretty good chance you may be pregnant. The dizziness sounds like the exact symptoms I had very early, and looking at a computer made me dizzy and nauseous. Reading made me wanna fall over!!

A test may show positive now, so get one. If not wait another weeks and do it again. Stop taking your pills!!! If you are pregnant, they could harm your baby.

Good luck, I tried to give you all sides!!
|

replied July 30th, 2004
I Did Have Sex After I Missed Pills
Yes, me and my husband did have sex after I missed the pills...We had sex the 7th...And 9th...And then like every other day after that and yes the bleeding I had on the 25th was when the time I was supposed to start my period. I thought the bleeding I had was my period and didnt think much of it til it stopped. But yes I did have sex after my missed pills if that helps.
|

replied July 30th, 2004
Hmmm was this possibly after a deployment.... Hee hee

sounds familiar!

Um...Have you been having any period cramps? Like it feels like you might start again but don't? Or, did you have them for a bit before your "mini bleed"? How about your breasts? Are the swollen or tender at all? Are your nipples a little darker or redder, or maybe have timy bumps? I suggest you get a test right away!!! I kinda asked about the deployment because it has been proven that a rush in pheromones like that dizzy, "heady" feeling you get right before you see your husband after not seeing him for awhile, adds to the probability of conception!

Keep me posted!!!!
|

replied July 30th, 2004
No its not right after a deployment...In fact he is just getting ready to go on a deployment in two weeks but it was actually our honeymoon...We got married on the 4th of july and went away from the 4th-9th. And yes I do have tiny bumps on my breast but sometimes I get bumps in the summer from sweating so I figured that that was what it was. Yes, I did have slight cramps before my mini bleed deal but they were not like the ones I usually get...They were a lot fainter...Mostly in my lower left side and in my legs...Especially my right leg. Hubby and I were going to try to start trying to concieve the beginning of next year any ways so we wont be disappointed if I am im just trying to see if there is a good possibility before we buy a test...Been there and done that quiet a few times through out our relationship. And I cant really tell if my breasts are swollen...They are naturally big...Lol. I can see me veins a lot clearer than I could before and my nipples are kinda sensitive but the always have been.

Its cool that you were a nukes wife by the way!!
|