Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Constipation Worries

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
12 weeks pregnant. I had constipation really bad 2 days ago. Yesterday afternoon, I had a light tan/pink discharge (very little). Is it possible that I may have strained too hard and caused a little bleeding from my vagina? I am paranoid. This morning I have no spotting.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am now using milk of magnesia. Don't want to go through that again!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 27th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Constipation
Dear buglet,

constipation is a problem sometimes during pregnancy, but try as much as possible not to strain too hard. I know of a lady who miscarried after straining to hard. Maybe you could go to the doctor and get something for the dioareah and loosen it up a bit.

Take care,

.::suzy::.
|

replied September 27th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Why not try some metamucil pills/crackers/juice or citrucel caplets?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile