Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

White Blood Count

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
7 months ago my blood test revealed at wbc of 6.3. All other values were normal. 4 days ago I noticed I had various pains all over my body (felt like in the bones and muscles) and I have been feeling more tired lately. My blood test revealed a wbc of 9.9 and all other values were normal. Doctors said this was a normal test.

Besides leukemia, what could cause this big jump in numbers from the last test? I have been under an immense amount of stress lately. Also, I usually have my blood tests done in the morning. This latest test was done at the end of the day. I am petrified I am starting leukemia.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who might have had this happen to them. I'm really in panic mode. Thank you so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2005
White Cells
I have had a blood test all I know is my white cell count is up,have been on tablets need a blood test in 2 weeks to see how white count is,the dr seemed not to worryed but I am.I will not know at least for another month what is going on so I should not be worried but im a 35 yr old mother of course im going to worry, I feel sick and tired all the time,has anyone got any idea what could be my problem
|

replied May 26th, 2005
How r u going macarva? Ive just had my second blood test come back with white cells to high she said it was 13.2,i see the dr in a couple of days,please anyone please give me ur advice,is this a small infection(im hopeing)or something else?
|

replied February 25th, 2006
Experienced User
White cell counts should be between 4.0 and 11.0.
A raise might mean infection but ussually raises a significant ammount, could be stress releated a little unsure.
|

replied March 1st, 2006
High Wbc
I am in the same boat. My blood count came in at 11.1, doctor says its probably an infection, but my body has been feeling "off" for about 4 months now; I am very scared of leukemia as well.

Normal wbc is 4.8-10
|