Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Crying After An Orgasam? (Page 1)

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I doesn't happen very often, but sometimes after an orgasam I can't help my self and I just start crying. I'm not sad or hurt, I just feel overwhelmed with emotion and can't help myself. I feel embarassed when this happens, but I can't control it. I hope someone can help me figure it out. Is it common? And why do I do this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Evi7
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Do you feel guilty at all? Do you feel any emotions?
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Its a normal response. While its not extremely common, it does happen. Some people cry after sex, some laugh, some get hungry, some fall asleep - its all normal responses to orgasm. When you have an orgasm your body does this massive release and in some people it can trigger an emotional response. For you that response appears to be crying. I know for me I sometimes get the giggles. I wouldn't stress over it too much. It might be a bit embarassing but as long as you are with someone who understands you and you are comfortable around I wouldn't worry too much over it.
|

replied July 31st, 2004
My ex cried once out of pleasure and I felt like a rock star!!!
|

replied September 25th, 2004
Experienced User
Well I only cried once after sex.. It was my second time, so I think it was alot of emotional release plus I was scared to death because the condom had torn. Alot of conflicting emotions I suppose
|

replied September 25th, 2004
One time, my boyfriend and I had simultaneous orgasms (rare, I know, and it's happened twice since then, too!) and I got all teared up as we lay in each other's arms. With me, it was that I felt really connected with him, it was a very special experience. Could be the same for you.
|

replied January 21st, 2009
cry after orgasim
This has happened to me plenty of times. I dont get it but i know i understand myself more then what someone else can tell me. I think that it may just be built up emotion that is released after an orgasim. I know its not a good feeling at all! Some describe it as tears of joy but i think its more of a pannick attack. I have tried so hard to understand this. Many have given me the wierdest theories but i have eliminated all of them. You are the only person i know in america that has this same issue!!!!
|

replied April 15th, 2012
Do feel so bad my girl cries every time we have sex, the first time it Jidda freaked me out cuz I thought I hurt here in some way but as we spoke, she tells me it's an emotional reaction after climax, she tells me it's the intensity of the organism, whatever it is I got use to it, so as long as ur partner an urs r in tune to it, then enjoy it while it last, to me it make me feel good to know that I can get all that emotion out of my partner, cuz we r a lesbian couple, so embrace urself to the fullest and don't b afraid of it, cuz that's nothing to b embarrassed about.
|

replied March 4th, 2013
I cry every time I have sex. I have been dating the same guy for 2 years, but we don't have sex anymore because I have an emotional break down every time. I have no idea why, but it's tearing apart our relationship.
|

replied April 24th, 2009
Crying after Orgasm
This happened to me the night before last. Me and my fiance just reconciled. I thought I could forgive him and move forward, but I now realize its gonna take time. It's mid-cycle for me , so the mixed emotions, the hormones, and the multiple orgasms combined and resulted in me sobbing for an hour and a half after make-up sex.
|

replied May 24th, 2009
crying after sex
my wife just told me that she does not love me. she asked me to go to sleep with her and one thing led to another and after she orgasm she started crying. i asked her why was she crying like that at that time. but she dont want to tell me. it is driving me crazy and really hurt but i dont want to hurt her or confuse her. HELP!!!!
|

replied August 29th, 2009
My husband and I were married just short of a year when I cried during/after orgasm. It was scary at first, I almost strted to laugh, my reaction was "what the hell is happening to me?" But the second time I felt it coming sooner. We have gone through a very rough year, and to top it off I had started seeing someone around the time the crying started. I never slept with the other person, but to this day I feel I was more in love with him.
I think it is something that is different for everyone. It stems from a release of emotions that have been hidden. For some people it is the overwhelming feeling of love for thier partner that is not seen day to day, but then felt when making love and hormones surge causing crying.For others it could be sadness, stress, guilt, PMS, or a mix of emotions.

Hope this helps Smile
|

replied November 12th, 2009
Personal experience
I agreewith rockinthiscoaster and valkyrie555...their comments helped me alot to understand my own problem. Thanks! because I almost always cry after sex and recently even after masturbations...before I met my partner,at least masturbations were good experiences...I don't love him and I suspected that perhaps that's why I cry after sex...the first time I did, I shed loads of tears and it happened suddenly. Then I decided to analyze my feelings till the end of orgasm and after that step by step.I realized that as soon as I'm getting closer to orgasm it is not his image that comes to my mind by the image of the guy whom I used to love years back. That's it...physical relationship when there is no deep emotional attachment can result in such mixed feelings. My partner is in love with me and he is very understanding, caring and kind...he does his best to make me feel good but I still cry after orgasm. I'm afraid this may go on for ever.
|
Users who thank TheCounterlife for this post: southernlass 

replied May 7th, 2011
Crying after sex/orgasm
I have come to the same conclusion for myself: that crying after sex/orgasm happens when it is disconnected from my heart - when I am not in love - when I have not realised I am not in love properly.

I have resolved to go deeper into my spiritual life and listen to my inner voice more.

Hey, thanks for your honesty. I too thought I was alone in having such experiences.
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
For many women, it is the relief plus release of letting the "wild child" within herself loose....IMO, you cry for happiness, lust and the hope that it will happen again... Very Happy

Caroline
|

replied December 6th, 2009
crying after sex
I cry after masterbation and have not been with a man for a couple of years. I never have cried with and man and I'm wondering why I cry now? Am I crying because I want intimacy with a man or I feel alone? It feel goo but then I feel alone. I used to be afraid to cry after because I wasn't sure if I was sending out into the universe mixed messages. Like I want to be intimate with a man but if I cry I may be pushing that possibility away.
Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
|
Users who thank jenjones1 for this post: southernlass 

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I would say that you cry from the pleasure of the feeling when you orgasm...Sometimes it can feel like the nearest thing to heaven....There is nothing wrong with being alone...Honey, just live your life and be happy....Take care....

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2009
It is the very combustion of energy from two souls sharing deep, sacred moments that will impact them for the rest of their lives. Tears are meant to cleanse our eyes & soul. They are perfect & natural.
|

replied March 8th, 2010
This happens to me every time I orgasm,How Can I stop it?Cause it is getting worse everytime.help!
|

replied April 14th, 2010
I had sex with my fiance yesterday and it was passionate and awesome and after wards I had tears streaming down my face. It''s an involuntary reaction. A release of hormones. I wasn''t crying because I was sad, on the contrary, I had just had multiple orgasms and my hormones must have been going wild! Thank god it was dark, I was a little too embarrassed to tell him I was crying at the time. But I''m going to tell him. I know he''ll think he is a sex god!
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Is crying after an orgasm normal?
my boyfriend was pleasuring me by finding me g-spot with his finger and as he touched me just in the right spot it felt so good, and for the first time i felt that almost bursting sensation as if i wanted to pee but as i tried to let it out and relax like he told me too i couldn''t but it felt so good, that i started crying, heavy crying. i thought it was a one time thing, so i asked him to do it again a couple of times and had the same responses. Is that normal?
|

replied May 15th, 2010
i been having sex with my current boyfriend 5months now but just last night after sex i cried i got scared and left
|

replied May 18th, 2010
My eyes always water like crazy during clitoral stimulation, but not afterwards. It's kind of weird and I can't really help it.. and it makes me embarrassed to let other guys get me off cause' I am kind of a tough person and crying isn't what I wanna be known for.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply