Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

I'm Wondering If It's My Heart..............

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
Hi,
i recently have been having weird sensations when I lay down at night. This does not occur every night, but it is certainly concerning me. When I lay down, my heart feels like it has did a "flip flop" inside. Then often, my heart will race and I will feel "cold". This only does this at night. Sometimes I have a rapid heartbeat during the day. Has anyone ever had this happen? It's sorta making me a little freaked out. Confused Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My husband has the exact same thing. When he gets it bad, I can press my ear up to his chest and hear his heart skip a beat. Its scary, but not dangerous for him. The doctor says its mild heart palpitations, or impurities in the rhythm. He has a fast heartbeat too, sometimes up to 120 resting. Doc said to walk 30 mins a day and not run.
|

replied November 11th, 2004
Question your not alone. I have those symptoms too and some more. I have mitral valve prolapse w/ regurgitation and will be getting a repair soon. Those symptoms that you have are what I get usually only when laying down. Not sure why. I just know that when my heart does its flip-flops then races I get very cold also. Hopefully yours is nothing much but something that just happens once in a while.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
heart tightening and fatique
I started out with heart palutations years ago ,,now I have them only once in a while but I do have tightening in my chest all the time and it has been going on for a year now and it is getting to the place it is more than I can handle it wakes me up at night so far I don't have shortness of breath but I do tire easy. I feel better when I work hard in the yard til I nearly drop, but the tightness is getting more servere MY Hemodynamic report says my CI 2.4 CO 5.0 so what does this mean
|

replied March 25th, 2009
problems after colonoscopy
I am a 52 year old active female. I had a routine colonoscopy. I woke up in pain that continued to get worse. After an xray that showed no perforations, I continued to have pain. This was followed by a CT scan. The doctor that performed the procedure said that my bowels were very curved and that there was blood found at the end that needed rinsed out. I am still having odd pain in my abdomen and have been experiencing prolonged contipation. I am following a very high fiber regimen to get things moving. If he scraped my colon walls, will I continue to have problems?
|