Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Please Help Me Out

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My mom was talking to me and she is concerned about me being pregnant. Which worries me and my boyfriend. She said my breats hurting, being swollen, getting discharge, and sleeping all the time are signs of pregnancy. Is this true? Because I sleep late in the afternoon all the time (up to about 14 hours sometimes) and my breast have become swollen and i've been having discharge. I just graduated in may and i'm only 17 i'll be 18 next week. Which is also the time I should be starting my period. Are these possible signs of being pregnant? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2004
The breasts could be a sign, but if your not even due your period until next week, that seems a little early to be getting breats tenderness. I have had 3 children and have never gotten discharge from my breasts until very late in pregnancy. But everyone is different. As for sleeping, yes being sleepy is symptom of early pregnancy but usually not until you are at least 6 weeks, which you would only be 3-4 weeks (1st day of last period is when you start the age of pregnancy). I believe sleeping so much makes you sleepy. It is a fact that people who sleep alot tend to need more sleep and become lethargic. Diet can attribute to this and frankly, so can not doing anything. Other tell tale signs to watch for would be cramping, sort of like a period that just won't start. Occasional dizziness, like tunnel vision, possibly only once when standing up fast or aversions to certain smells, moreson than normal. Its early to tell, but there are some tests that will detect a pregnancy very early. If you test and it is negative wait until a week after you have missed your period, then test again. I suggest you go to a clinic, and get a blood test, and just find out now. The breast issues may be a sympton of something else. Medication, birth control, hormone issues...If you have taken anything. Good luck, don't stress, and try only sleeping from 11-8 for a few days. I guarantee you will feel better whether you are pregnant or not!
Good luck!!
|

replied July 30th, 2004
My breast were biggers and very sore by 3 weeks..
|