Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

What Percent of Women Masterbate? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have seen many poles but wanted to ask. What percent of women masterbate? And, what percent of women do not admit to doing it? I guess it seems like many women still hide the fact that they do it.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper C-rose
|

replied July 23rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I have done it on occasion.. It doesn't really do anything for me, because I don't have the patience most of the time
|

replied July 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Dirty Little Secret
Many do,but won't tell!!!!!I'd rather masturbate than get hooked up with some weirdo just to get off.Besides,it's guarrateed to be good!Patty
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Well , I do it haha .. And so does my girl friend.

Kayla
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I use to do it alot but now it doesnt do much for me really... I want to get a toy but no $$ and plus I have my nails done and they are realy long so its way harder to do with ur nails done...
|

replied September 8th, 2004
I can honestly say that I never have and I never will. I get sex anytime I want it from my husband, so there is absolutely no reason I would need to and I think it's gross.

Melissa
|

Extremely eHealthy
Gross? Compared to sex it's incredibly tidy and simple!

I do every now and then, not nearly as much as I used to. It doesn't actually give much of a kick, just a way of relaxing, if I can't sleep or something. It isn't in any way a substitute for sex, it's like a quick snack instead of a steak or a proper meal!
|

I masterbate everyday before and after I have sex. I have a routine once in the morning and right before I go to bed. I'm 25 and I have been doing it since I was 17. I don't think their is anything wrong with that . Even though my past boyfriends think i'm a nhympho its all good they probley just mad because they can't hang.
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
It is not gross and anyone who says that it is, is either ashamed that they do it or in complete denial and not in any kind of tune with their body.

You will do it someday girl! Guaranteed! Just because you and your husband have sex all of the time now doesn't mean that you always will. Plus, you will hit your sexual peak and then what? A woman has got to know how to please herself. Well, so does a man. It is all part of being in tune with your body.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I really can't figure out why someone would think masturbating (especially by a girl) is "gross." I could see how you could think that about anal sex (ick!), or maybe about oral sex (like, I won't eat raw oysters either, you know), or even about about ordinary sex (which is a pretty weird thing to do, if you look at it rationally: "you want to put your what in my where???"). But a girl masturbating? Am I missing something here?
|

I just think it's gross, why would I want to pleasure myself? Hotasfrick, no, I don't think I ever will do it and you have no idea what kind of a person I am, it is rude to say that I am not in tune with my body. There is nothing wrong with a person not wanting to masterbate, I know lots of people who don't do it. I am also very christian and I don't believe in it. The bible says it is wrong.
|

replied May 24th, 2011
you dont pleasure your self?!
Why would you want to pleasure your self? lmao Ive never heard of anyone denying them selves pleasure! you eat ice cream? buy shoes? go jogging? read a good book? these are things we choose to do because they are pleasing to us! so why would you deny your self of one of the best pleasures given to us by The Creator! You suffer from a common mental block founded in guilt and self image. My goodness you must be one cranky person to be around or a big flirt! lol I feel bad for you, you know what you are missing and you still deny yourself. your issues run deep. I'm glad i wont be there when the dam breaks lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
Masturbating is not wrong!!!!!!And the bible does not say that it is!!!!Lusting is wrong, not masturbating.

And, if you do not masterbate then you cannot be in tune with your body! That isn't rude, it is fact!
I am also very christian, and I understand human nature, the body, and instinct.

Yes, you will masturbate at some point in your life. Just because you supposedly haven't yet does not mean that you won't. You will be surprised.

And as for those "lots of people you know who don't" they are lying, or they have also not come to terms with their body.

A shame it is to be afraid of your own body.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Let Me Add
When I was still shy and embarassed about my body and such, I also got really defensive about this subject.
I also said that I never had done it and never would do it, that it was wrong, and gross etc. Which of course were all lies.
But, now that I have matured and grown, I am not ashamed anymore of something so natural and normal.
You cannot depend on anyone else to keep you 100% satisfied. It isn't fair to you or your partner. You cannot be around each other 24/7 and even if you were you probably wouldn't want to have sex with each other! You would be too frustrated from being with them so much.
Also, sometimes we just need to please ourselves quickly. Just get it done. And sex is then not what we really want.

So, don't be embarassed anymore!
|

I am not ashamed or embarrassed about my body. And yes, you can know your body without masterbating. That is a stupid statement. I wasn't getting defensive about the subject. Aren't I allowed to be entitled to my opinion, as you are? You are the one who is rude and getting all defensive. I could care less if you all masterbate, I was simply responding to a topic.
|

replied May 24th, 2011
I am stating a known fact. Every living creature has masterbated at least "ONCE" in thier lifetime. maybe as a young child who didnt know what was going on but continued to do it because it felt good. something happens to us as we get older that imprints on our brain that pleasuring your self is bad...dirty...and wrong! that is one of the saddest things about being human. we "Think" we know whats best. clearly we don't, just look around you. no one chooses to "Stop" doing somthing that feels good and relaxing unless they were "Taight" over the years to do it. over time, these unhealthy thoughts get imprinted almost permently in our brain to the point where they become a reality. When this happens it is almost impossible to re-train the brain, but it can be done. So my advise to people who do masterbate is "congradulations" your human and to those who dont? Well there is nothing i can say is there. you are brain washed and need debriefing but hey...its only pleasure...you obviously lived this long with out it, so you can live the rest of your life with out it further. so stop trying to convince each other it is bad or good...its neither...its a simple choice to pleasure yourself or not. lol
|

This is what you said:

"you cannot depend on anyone else to keep you 100% satisfied. It isn't fair to you or your partner. You cannot be around each other 24/7 and even if you were you probably wouldn't want to have sex with each other! You would be too frustrated from being with them so much."

that is not true, I have been with my husband for 7 years and we are always together, when we are not at work. And we don't ever get sick of each other and we don't ever get sick of having sex. Yes I can be completely 100% satisfied with just sex and he likes that I am. So just because you would be frustrated from being with your man all the time doesn't mean that everyone would. You must not truly love that person deeply if you can't stand to be around them all the time.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm still wondering what it is that could be described as "gross" -- what do you think women *do* when they masturbate? You mean touching yourself at all? Hell, I put it on the same level as massaging body lotion on. I also get a tremendous, quasi-sexual thrill out of q-tipping my ears after the shower, but that's probably a bit weird....
|

Experienced User
I think I do too!
|

Ohh me 2!! I thought that was just a really weird thing I had!! But anyway, even if u have great sex and are 100% happy with your partner theres nothing from with learning how to pleasure yourself! I just really figured out how to satisfy myself and I dont think theres anything harmful in being able to get off even if ur man isnt there
|

Experienced User
Lol
With your husband for 7 years and your always together and never get tired of eachother? Lol..When its been 10 or 15 or even 25 like me then let us know if you feel the same way...
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I used to think it was gross too! However, i've done it and only once did it really excite me to the point where I thought I would have a "o" well, now I only do it when my husband and I are wanting to get it on. I have never had a orgasm and don't think I ever will. I just can't, trust me i've tried for one. However, many times my husband and I have had to wait for me to excite myself because otherwise it would hurt to have sex. I don't have much juices if you know what I mean.
|
Quick Reply