Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

somebody please help!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Embarassed Crying or Very sad Sad
me and my boyfriend are 16 years old. we have been together about a month. he stayed at my house for about a week (my mom was home). we had sex about 5 times, one day we had sex 3 times. we didn't use protection because he didn't have any. he pulled out before he finished but i do know that it's still possible that he could've injected me with some of his sperm. i am going to a clinic tomorrow to get a "morning-after pill" but i'm afraid it might be too late Crying or Very sad . i'm also going to get tested for std's and for pregnancy and the whole 9 yards just in case. can someone please answer this question because i can't find the answer anywhere......how soon can i find out whether or not i'm pregnant???
thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2003
Have you missed your period? If so, you can tak a home pregnancy test. That would be the quickest way until you go to the clinic.
|

replied July 20th, 2003
actually we had sex after my period so i won't know if i missed my period for a month Crying or Very sad . i went to cvs though and took a home pregnancy test like you said. the pharmacy guy said that i probably won't get a very accurate result until i wait a few days because of hormones and what-not so even though the test came back negative Neutral i still won't know FOR SURE until i wait for a couple days....the guy also told me that no clinics in maryland would administer the "morning-after pill" or a pregnancy test to a minor - does anyone know if that's true?????
thanks for the reply
|

replied July 20th, 2003
They should give you the morning after pill...
Hey I have been with my bf for over a year and a half now and i went from the pill to the Depo shot and now planning on going on the pill again. But in between the pill and the depo shot...i still had sex with my bf (and he would withdrawl just like ur bf did)..but i still went to get the morning after pill just in case. And I had no problemes at all to get it. So I would suggest that you really really should try and get that pill because i know the feeling is scary. But remember you cant after 72 hours. Confused
|

replied July 20th, 2003
you're right, i should. i've just felt so out of control. i went to the hospital and then all these different people told me they wouldn't do anything for me because i was a minor. i mean i know i put myself in this situation but when i try to make it right no1 seems to want to help....... Crying or Very sad but i'll call tomorrow before i drive over.
thanks again
|

replied July 21st, 2003
Law
Every state has different laws and I am not sure about Maryland. There may be a law to where they can not administor the morning after pill to minors. I know in our state we have places where teens can go if they think they could be pregnant and people will help them there. You may want to see if you have that in your area.
|

replied July 21st, 2003
Find out if you are
You can find out up to I believe if I remember from my friends 10 pregnancy scare it is around 4-the end depending if you want to take blood out I can't so maybe you can best wishes.

Do get the whole 9 yards I found out too late last time a miscarried so you may may not want to do that.

But get to a doctor right away.

By the way was the first time within 3-4 day of when you are or when you went to the doctors if not they abortion or adoption or keepin it should come into play in your head hunny but other then that have a safe and PROTECTED!!!!!

LIFE and LIVE LIFE Very Happy Razz

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Canada you aren't a minor you can get the morning after pill when you are right in high school.
|

replied July 22nd, 2003
well......the clinic wouldn't give me anything because i was a minor so i didn't know what to do exactly. i figured if i got pregnant this time there wasn't much i could do so i could at least prevent pregnancy for next time - i decided to ask my mom to put me on birth control. she started asking questions and the whole story came out. there's still nothing i can do in terms of morning after pills but if i'm pregnant at least i can consider abortion options or adoption options and what have you. my advice to anyone out there..........talk to your parents - it sounds magazine-like but i have never felt more relieved in my life at my mom's somewhat calm reaction and the fact that i had someone who was of age and someone who was my legal guardian supporting me Very Happy
thanks everyone for you advice
|

replied July 23rd, 2003
Hi, i am a pregnant teen im 14 years old young yes but to late for that i had sex with a guy thats 18 soon to be 19 my parents will press charges hes supportive of which ever decision i make but i dont wan thim to get in trouble i eould never never have an abortion the word seeps out of my mouth like venom it makes me sick to my staomach to look at myself when i have that thought but what else can i do im considering running off and raisin it on my own and worse is i think i love the guy!!! but he dont feel the same like sure he likes me alot but if im gonna have this baby i want to knowin its dad will be with ME and i dont know if hell stay with me that way i want to get married someday and i dont think hell be ready to have a serious relationship with a kid involved u know?? reply to me with any advice u i hope this helps u plz reply to me.... signed TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!!!! Embarassed
|

replied August 1st, 2003
teen pregnancy
im 16 not pregnant
to anyone out there that is pregnant who can find out what you are in for buy going to a family clinic and borrow a baby simulator for a week it gives you a really taste of what you are in for.
i borrowed the simulator form school as im doing child studies it made me realise that having a baby is not as easy asi thought it would be
it was a real eye opener
Shocked
|
Quick Reply