Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Foot Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Does anyone have trouble with their feet hurting? Sometimes it happens first thing in the morning but it also happens throughout the day. The pain makes it difficult to walk and on some occasions my feet hurt so bad that it hurts to have the sheets on my feet when i'm trying to sleep. Is this a common thing or am I just a lucky, lucky girl? Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2004
I can certainly agree with you on this. When I get up in the morning and stand up it's so bad that it's unbearable. They hurt in my sleep and practically all the time, it's so bad I can bearly walk. So I know exactly how you feel. Crying or Very sad
|

replied July 23rd, 2004
My Feet Hurt!!!
Aha! It's good to know that i'm not the only one! I'll wake up in the middle of the night with excrutiating pain in my feet. I'll throw the covers off my feet, but then there's just no way to get comfortable. And then trying to stand up in the morning is quite the event. I guess everyone has their own very special pain to deal with (lucky us!) but it's still nice to know that someone else knows how I feel.

Thanks!
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I have a question for you both: do your feet swell when they hurt?

Thanks,
ladybrannon
|

replied July 28th, 2004
A lot of times when i'm having a flare-up my right foot (for some reason it's always that one!) swells up and is very painful. Sometimes it goes away on its own after a couple days and other times I go to the doctor for a steroid shot.
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Lady b,

my feet do swell sometimes, usually only one at a time, but sometimes i'm lucky enough to have both of them swell up at the same time. Woo-hoo! They do hurt then, but the excruitiating, middle of the night, can't stand to touch anything feeling isn't related to this swelling or anything else that i've noticed.

I've had swelling in my knees that has caused some pretty significant pain and difficulty walking. The doctor has used steroid injections to get that pain and swelling under control.

Do you have swelling/pain as well???? If so, what relief have you found for it?
|

replied August 19th, 2009
hello
|

replied September 11th, 2009
All of these helped me because i can relate to them all my feet ankles knees shoulders hands all swell and hurt thanks, cynthia king
|

replied December 26th, 2009
Im in the same boat as of three days ago. Someone said Gout.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Lupus and athletes foot
Does anyone else with lupus find that they are prone to athlete's foot. As much as I enjoy summer as soon as I stop wearing socks I battle the cracks and broken skin
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Lupus and athletes foot
Does anyone else with lupus find that they are prone to athlete's foot. As much as I enjoy summer as soon as I stop wearing socks I battle the cracks and broken skin
|

replied April 7th, 2013
yes i have had systemic lupus for over 6 years now and my feet are the most painful things ever. They feel like every bone is broken and someone set them on fire. i am on so many meds but nothing helps.I have even been on chemo for my lupus during horrid flares on my heart and kidneys but my feet still hurt then too. I use bengay so much my house smells like a menthol factory but not sure what else to do.
|
Quick Reply