Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Alternative Medicine Forum

Botox, Face Peel, Or Some Anti-wrinkle Cream?

I've been looking around the forums here....And it's a little overwhelming. Most of the topics are serous and make me feel a little stupid asking my question.

As i'm aging i'm not happy with how i'm looking - i'm getting wrinkly. I can't afford a face-lift and frankly i'm scared of that. But I am starting to think about botox or a face peel. But i'm a little afraid of these too.

So now i've been looking at the slew of "anti-wrinkle" creams being sold on the internet. I mena strivectin has been everywhere - but what i've read you can't use it on your face. I've also been looking into alphaderma ce and avotox? Anyone using these? Anyone have any other suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SarahLindquist
|
Users who thank maggiepups for this post: Samual09 

replied November 21st, 2004
Anti-wrinkle Cream
A great anti-aging/anti-wrinkle cream is any cream with a high amount of carrot seed oil. Burt's bees makes a few miraculous products... I've heard many testaments for carrot seed oil and reversing the affects of aging. Also take a multi vitamin high in antioxidants (a, c, e, selenium and zinc... ) you might benefit from taking anti-oxidants along with a good multi. Also essential oils are very beneficial.
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Palmitoyl Tripeptide 3
I checked the ingredients of the product i've been using and it doesn't have any carrot seed oil in it..But that's not saying much given there are more anti-wrinkle products out there than ever. The product i've been using has palmitoyl tripeptide 3 as its active ingredient. The improvement has been pretty remarkable, and to think the only reason I took a chance on kavi was because my dermatologist gave me a sample of their hyaluronic acid for a dry rash around my ankles!

Claudia
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Anti-wrinkle
I have not heard about carrot seed oil being an important ingredient for anti-wrinkle creams. I have heard about all sorts of peptides, and I know my mom has had a lot of success with a product called alphaderma. I'm in my early 30s, and I really wanted to start using something to "ward off" the wrinkles, and the last time I saw my mom, her skin looked better than it had before, so she told me she was using alpha derma. I started using it, but I really don't have "wrinkles" yet - so I can't say that it's helped my skin look younger, but it does make my skin feel nice and look a little healthier.

All I know is, I don't think I could ever have a facelift or inject botox into my face, so I hope this stuff will really prevent the wrinkles!
|

replied September 11th, 2006
I don't know if you are still following these replies or not but I thought I would throw in my two cents. I have never had a facelift or botox. I have tried a whole lot wrinkle creams though. Some work a little some not at all. Finding the right cream can be as frustrating as the wrinkles themselves. I started using bluét and it is really working for me. A friend of mine had a sample and let me try it. I really liked the way it made my skin feel. It has defintely reduce the wrinkles and lines.
|

replied September 20th, 2007
Anti Wrinkle 55 - World's No 1 Anti-aging Skin Firming Serum
Hello Everybody,

I wanted to share this with you, if you don't mind. You may want to check this out. My name is Sarah Lindquist and I have been seaching for and trying anti aging products for many years, and I was getting VERY Dissapointed, to say the least. I have tried, Retin-A, retinol,

revitol, principal secret (OUCH), murade, pure emu oil, Jevené, Athena, 7 minuet lift....you name it, and I can honestly say olive oil did a better job, but yet not good enough.

I kept on seaching and studying, and WALLA, I found it, and it is sooooo affordable I wanted to sell it myself so I could share it with the world. This IS NOT a sales pitch. I have my own business, but I know the frustrations of throwing money away again and again, without results, and to spend $40 - $50 dollars a month on nothing more than mere moisturizing creams and gels is absolutely ridiculous. That's the biggest scam of all.

There are too many women out there looking for something to regain their youthful look and to smooth out their wrinkles with out painful injections or surgury. Too, too many women are spending thousands of dollars a year seeking softer, firmer, more supple skin, to no avail. The cosmetic industry is getting richer and women are getting poorer.

You don't need to waste your hard earned money anymore because I have found the solution, and I want to share it with you. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING, Guaranteed. You can feel and see the difference after just 1 application, and it keeps getting better. This is not a short term fix - it is a
long-term skin firming serum and conditioner.

This product has been recommended by plastic surgeons before resorting to plastic surgery. Its a celebrity favorite and has been featured in Allure, Vogue, NBC & more for its unique ability to add collagen II to skin. It is guaranteed for 45 days, but I cannot image anyone after one application, who will not be absolutely AMAZED, and you will too. This is an ALL Natural product, with the VERY BEST ingredients on the market today. It doesn't get any better than this.

If you're looking for something that REALLY WORKS and is dirt cheap, go to my website and check it out. I know you will be sooooo glad you did.

Oh by the way, when you arrive, please leave me a message so I know you made it there.

Enjoy!

Sarah
|

replied May 6th, 2011
anti aging cream/serum
hello Sarah
what is this marvelous anti aging product. I couldn't see your website so hopefully you'll get this message
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2007
There are many options, before considering a face lift. As an esthetician, I have seen great results on clients who have had a series of at least 4 microdermabrasion treatments. Microdermabrasion is a "peel", that exfoliates the epidermis by applying ammonium oxide crystals to the skin, then removing them with a light suction. Each treatment is slightly more progressive, although the skin is amazingly smooth after just one. If redness and irritation are a concern, express this to the technician, and make sure that the machine is used on a lower setting. (I have found that a higher setting is not necessary if at least 4 treatments are done, each no closer than a week apart, and preferably no more than 3 to 4 weeks.) Microdermabrasion also lessens the appearance of acne scars. Also, look for the newer products that contain GABA, which is a muscle relaxer that occurs naturally in our bodies, and achieves a similar effect to Botox, without the injection. And to protect from further damage, make sure to always wear sun protection, as most of what we think of as aging is actually sun damage. Pomegranate is a wonderful anti-oxidant (helps to protect and reverse damage) and is being used in some skin products, so also be sure to use an anti-oxidant product.
|

replied January 31st, 2008
wrinkle cream
I'd recommend you counteract the drying effect of winter air by keeping the skin moisturized.
|

replied March 7th, 2008
Natural treatment for wrinkles
Try the one of the following:

Wrinkles Home Remedies with B Complex:
B complex is very essential for our body. It can be found in food items like eggs, whole wheat and others. It is also helpful in keeping our skin glowing and looking young.

* Including chicken, whole wheat and other B complex rich food in the diet is a must. The Vitamins A, C and Vitamin E are filled with antioxidants which gives our skin a healthy look.

Natural Treatments for Wrinkles with Vodka:
Vodka was earlier made from Potatoes, the Vodka is good for our skin. It is liquor that is not very strong and can be had in larger quantities than whiskey.

* In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vodka with a teaspoon fennel seeds and 1\2 of honey. Boil this mixture, and allow it to cool. Take a cotton ball, dip in the liquid and apply on face regularly to make the wrinkles vanish.

Wrinkles Remedies with Egg:
Eggs are today part of everyone's daily diet. They are rich in protein and also used in various skin and hair care products by women all over.

* To treat Wrinkles take one egg white, whip it and then apply on face. Let it dry and then wash it off with water.
* To a teaspoon of raspberry juice, add one teaspoon of orange juice, olive oil, egg yolk whipped and finally oatmeal, about 2 tablespoon. Let it sit for 15minutes and then apply on face, once dried, wash.
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2011
If you are looking for a cream that will work quickly, then you couldn't find anything more effective than wrinkle cream, at least according to most of the reviews that you read online. People all around the world have used this product.
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
botox
My mom tried to use cream to reduce wrinkle but it simply don't work, so she tried Botox Melbourne and bravo! she's now enjoying her wrinkles less face.
|

replied July 17th, 2011
The key is not so much to cover up the wrinkles but increase your levels of good fats (fish oil, borage oil, raw virgin coconut) in the diet internally to reduce them altogether.

Topically, any good combination of monatomic gold, papaya enzyme peel, retin-a, copper peptides, or alpha hydroxy acids over the long term, should do the job.

Enjoy!

Mike
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
Experienced User
my mom's on NeuCell anti-wrinkle cream now. it's the only anti-wrinkle cream i know. i'm not sure with the other products. but in all fairness, NeuCell is able to minimize the fine lines and even the deep ones.
|

replied July 26th, 2011
Only facelift helps you in removing wrinkles from your skin, these creams are not long time effective.
|

replied July 28th, 2011
Experienced User
i hope not. my parents doesn't want to invest on facelift since wrinkles really come with aging. but they just want to conceal it anyway. at least NeuCell does it job well.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 3rd, 2011
I can only give suggestions here, It's all upto you that you go for it or you don't.
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
hi! i've read articles saying that green tea can delay the skin aging process Smile i'm not sure though Smile
good luck!
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2017
Mint Leaves + Cucumber + Rose Water

All these ingredients are known to hydrate your skin deeply. Hence, a mixture of these three can do wonders on your eye wrinkles. To make a pack, follow the steps given below:

Blend few fresh mint leaves, 30 ml rose water and few pieces of cucumber in a mixer.
Empty the mixture into a clean bowl.
Soak two cotton pads in the bowl.
Take them out and squeeze the excess.
Apply on the wrinkles under your eyes.
Leave for 20 minutes.
Wash off with warm water.
|

replied February 28th, 2017
I am in love with Dermalmd wrinkle cream.. Actually my skin is looks old. I have very dry sensitive acne prone skin and usually I have hard time finding something that really works for me. This cream actually takes care of my problematic skin making it super soft without giving any breakouts.
|