Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Burning of Uterus

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm sorry, I can't think of the proper name for it. But has anyone had the procedure where they "burn" the inside of the uterus instead of a hysterectomy. And what is the feedback on that?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Marine Wife
|

replied February 18th, 2008
burning of the uterus
the correct name is endometrial ablation
|

replied July 21st, 2008
Endometrial Ablation
I had Endometrial Ablation on 1/26/07. I had very heavy bleeding and severe cramps. This was the last resort before a hysterectomy. It took approx 3 months and I didn't have a period or cramping again. It was wonderful. On 4/22/08 I had my yearly pap smear and ever since then I have been bleeding on and off every (2) weeks and the severe cramps are back. To try to get the cramps to a tolerable level I have been taking some left over pain killers from my Ablation. The cramps are so bad that I get almost physically sick and I cry because the pain is so bad. I have notified my doctor to see if this is normal. I am trying to find out if I can have another Endometrial Ablation or if this is a one time procedure. My gynecologist doesn't want to do a hysterectomy yet because I am only 42. But I can tell you if he had to live with the pain, he would definitely do something about it. I would definitely suggest getting the ablation. There was hardly no pain at all and I was doing my regular activities the next day.
|

replied April 27th, 2009
endometrial ablation
what happens if you get pregnant after this procedure?
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You can get pregnant after this procedure...Some doctors say that you can bled to death if this happens, other say that it would be a good pregnancy...From what I have read I wouldn't want this to happen....
|

replied July 21st, 2009
ablation
I have had this procedure and it is great, no cramps and no bleeding just spotting here and there, no pain at all, but I now I have really bad mood changes so now I'am Femhrt which is a hormone to help with that and it seems to be doing okay since I'am going through menapause and have been that is why I had this done they did not want to do a hysterectomy since I'am in post menapausal.
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I had this done 2 years ago. It was the best thing I could have done. The bleeding prior to this was out of control. I haven't had any bleeding at all, since. If you don't have a period within the first year, you probably won't. If you do get one it will be very light. Once this procedure is done, you don't want to get pregnant. That is why I had my tubes burned at the same time of procedure.
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2010
endometrial ablation
I had the procedure done about 8months ago, alouth i have no bleeding or cramps, i just dont feel right down their i can barely put any pressure on my stomach, i am bloated almost all the time, I also have HPV. During my procedure something went wrong an i was put back under although it was never fully exsplained what happened, mY doc assured me it was minor. From that minor complication i ended up with an infection that went away with medication.... It may be nothing but i just feel like something is not right and this scares the crape out of me, anyone ealse other then me not had the best exsprince from this?
|

replied February 25th, 2010
Endometial Ablation
Endometial Ablation

I had this done about 3 yrs ago and I have to say I have not had a period at all. I do get very hard cramps once in awhile and I am bloated all time. But overall pleased. It has been 16 yrs since my tubes were tied and now this 3 yrs ago. Is it really possible I could get pregnant? And I am also always tired. Anyway over all this was a good thing considering what I delt with when I would have my periods.
|

replied April 18th, 2010
Endometrial ablation
I had a endometrial ablation done one year ago. I am bloated all the time now, I''m on a hormonal roller coaster, I have gained 50 pounds and I am exhausted all the time.
I didn''t have a choice though when it came to the procedure. It was either that or die for me. I was bleeding so badly with my periods ( 2 1/2 weeks out of the month ) that I had practically no iron left in my body. My doctor was always sending me into the infusion center''s at the hospital for iron infusions via and IV. I sure wish that their had been more options out there for me.
We are all different though. I may have had a bad experience, while someone else out there may have had a good one.
|

replied December 15th, 2011
I had a endometrial ablation done 5 year ago. And I am 48 year old now I having this surgery was the best thing for me had some cramping but not to bad but the worse thing that I notice of myself I get very moody and very emotional, and I would like to know can you get pregant after all these years cause I am kind of scared that I might be please give an answer to this.
|
Quick Reply