Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Sinus Drainage And Coughing Problem (all Year Long) Help !!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Help . . .

For many years I have had a sinus drainage problem that last all year long. Some days it can be worst that others. Maybe every few months I will also get a bad pounding sinus headache. The only way I can get rid of it is to take about 4 tylenol and take a nap for at least an hour.

And sometimes if I get excited and hot my sinus will drain more down my throat making me cough more often with a nasal drip. I then have to go to the bathroom to clear my throat and blow my nose a lot to clear all this up. This happens to me more when I get in a conversation sometimes.

What is this sinus problem I have called?
What over the counter drugs can I take for this?

Thanks, mike
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Sinus Drainage And Coughing
Para nasal sinuses are empty spaces in the skull in the vicinity of the nasal mucus membrane. Any discharge from the nose due to conditions like allergic rhinitis can finds its way into the sinuses causing an inflammation of the lining of the spaces leading to accumulation of discharge and thereby the severe headache etc. This in turn leads to the discharge from the nose falling back into the throat called the post nasal drip.
Homeopathic medicine has good remedies to get rid of the nasal blocking,s neezing, nasal discharge, post nasal drip, all the symptoms of sinusitis and see that the recurrence is curtailed. Some of the common remedies of great help are pulsatilla, silicea, kali bich, kali carb, stannum met, thuja, psorinum etc.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied August 24th, 2004
Experienced User
I had that same problem for most of my life. I still get it now and then but a combination of two things helped me a lot! : 1) minimize any dairy intake. Dairy increases mucus and can make you much more congested. 2) see an allergist. It's possible you have year round allergies, even if you don't feel like you ever have "allergy attacks" mild allergies can produce excess mucus without producing other symptoms. As for your headaches.. Sounds normal. Probably changes in season combined with your sinus pressure from the mucus bring on the headache. I get that same drainage you are talking about too. I believe that's normal as well. I think you just need to focus on getting rid of the reason that you are congested. As for meds.. Pseudopherine is the only good decongestant. Affrin (which is a nose spray) is great too but is addictive and not recommended for common use.
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Sinus Drainage
i have suffered from hardening of my nasal drainage for more than 10 years it gets so hard that it feels like concrete it scrapes its way down i have tried many methods to feel better i am at the point that all i do is battle this nightmare i have tried everything from saline to nasonex and the concrete is instantly made and i have to sart over in trying to drain it i always try to find solutions to feel better but i always seem to fail i have been to a doctor been through mri process and to no avail Sad i wish i could feel better
|

replied September 15th, 2009
Re: Sinus Drainage And Coughing Problem (all Year Long) Help !!
web-search wrote:
Help . . .

For many years I have had a sinus drainage problem that last all year long. Some days it can be worst that others. Maybe every few months I will also get a bad pounding sinus headache. The only way I can get rid of it is to take about 4 tylenol and take a nap for at least an hour.

And sometimes if I get excited and hot my sinus will drain more down my throat making me cough more often with a nasal drip. I then have to go to the bathroom to clear my throat and blow my nose a lot to clear all this up. This happens to me more when I get in a conversation sometimes.

What is this sinus problem I have called?

What over the counter drugs can I take for this?

Thanks, mike

Ohhh dear,

Even me too was suffering like this before 2 years. Then I am suggested to try Sinofresh nasal spray. I visited sinofreshstore.com and bought a trial pack first.
As it suited me, I began to use it. Try and reply.
|

replied January 20th, 2010
Sinus
Hello,

Its right. I have had serious sinus issues for many years. I started using this homeopathic nasal spray and it has really worked great for me. It kills the germs / bacteria in your nasal passages and is gentle enough to use everyday. I usually do two pumps in each nostril, blow out any mucus / debris, and spray once more (gently sniff to make sure it reaches deep in the nasal passage). I do this once in the morning and again in the evening before bed.
|