Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Does Sex Affect Periods?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
This may be a silly question, but when any of you first became sexually active, did it throw off your periods, or affect your cycle in any way?? I ask this because in my case, and that of a couple of friends of mine, when we first became sexually active, our periods were altered (gave me quite a fright the first time, because I was afraid I was pregnant, though I wasn't).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2004
If you're not using birth control pills, your periods can always become out of rhythm for many reasons. You may miss one altogether or be a few days late every now and then. I know that before I started taking the pill I could never calculate when my period was gonna come. Perhaps when you start having sex there are some hormonal changes occuring in the body which may have caused this. Irregular periods are not unusual though, unless you're on the pill in which case they should be regular as clockwork.
|
Did you find this post helpful?