Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Can You Ovulate Right After Your Period???

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 3 weeks late and I have only had sex once in june a few days after I was doen with my may period. I have a lot of the preggo symptoms but have taken 2 hpt and they were both - so I am not sure what the deal is here. Help!!

Oh and did I mention that my fiance is in russia for the next 6 months!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Ixannahsmom
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Get a blood test from your doctor to verify, but i'm thinking if you have had two bfns, then you are probably not pregnant. Any change in the status of your birth control lately? How are you taking your fiance's absence? Changes in bc and stress can affect your period.
|

replied July 15th, 2004
Experienced User
Well I am taking another test in the morning and whatever the result I am going in for a blood test. I have not been that stressed out about him being gone I have actually enjoyed the me time so I don't think it's stress, I just came back form a two week vacation. I could not be more relaxed. I have never been this late and I can not think of anything that would cause me to be late other than pregnacy. Thanks for your help! Laughing
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Oh most definately. If you have an average cycle, a few days after your period could very likely fall into the fertile zone.

Let's assume you have a 28 day cycle, day one is the first day of the period. On day 14 ( 14 days before the start of your next period) you would ovulate; but remember, that up to 5 days before that (day nine) (depending upon how your body functions) you would be producing mucus that helps/enables sperm to live inside you and swim up (the mucus has channels in it that helps guide sperm). Day nine could very easily be just a few days after your period. Leaving you quite in the zone for having conceived.

|

replied July 25th, 2004
Worried Sick!!!
Hey everyone, i'm kind of new here and this is my first post.

Alright here is my story, I had protected sex on may 5 and 7th and I got my period like 6 days early,and then ever since then I have been like stressing out,anyways in june18th I got my period 1 day late I took a hpt and it was negative and later on that day my period came heavy,and in july11th I got it again and it was like 4 days early again and it got heavy for 2 days then light and it only lasted like 3 days!! I have taken like 6 hpt all negative b/c my sister put stuff in my head and scared me, also he never cums inside me ever, so im probably overreacting but im freaked.Im so not ready for a baby, im in college and can't afford one much have the time and money. But my boobs are not sore and just before I get my period which I get mine next week are sore right now, and also I been having to pee alot too, I dunno wat it is, it's been like that since may 28th, sorry for so much info but I need help! Confused Thank yall for ur time. Smile
|

replied June 19th, 2009
9 DAYS LATE
I'm 9 days late and have sore breasts that about the only symptom,but i took 2 tests that were negative
|

replied February 7th, 2010
I don't think you are pregnant. I've had a smiliar problem being late on my period before. I normally have a 26th, 27th and 28th day cycle and I was way late on my period. I thought I was pregnant but I done a research on travel that might have delayed on my period and it was true because I started my Af on day 41. I had traveled to Ohio from Texas to visit sister and my traveling had cause a lateness in my period. That may be your case. If not, go see your ob/gyn and find out for sure.
|

replied February 17th, 2010
I got pregnant on 4th day of my cycle (i.e. still v small volume of period blood leaking, only few pink stains on sheets. Can be done.. I'm only three weeks gone and already in maternity trousers, two sizes up bra and living on lemon and ginger tea for the nausea. The dad can't talk properly yet as still telling wife no 2 but suspect wife no 1 (only other one he knows hes got pregnant) knew v early too. Unfortunately that child died of SIDS in the 1980s
|

replied March 1st, 2010
Pregnant or not?
Can anybody help me here? I also have this problem. My boyfriend and I did it 6th day of my period. There are still stains of blood but not that much. I was just scared that he might had spilled some of his semen inside me unintentionally that's why I'm freaking out. In our country, Plan B is banned and other alternatives for it are too risky to take w/o doctor's prescriptions. We're only graduating high school this month and I am not ready to bear a child. Can anybody tell me if there's a big possibility that i can get preggie? I need it immediately.

Thanks a lot!javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
I had sex the first day after my period ended, then two days after that.. Both days were unprotected and did his bussiness inside me, it's been almost 1 week on both days since we did it. I have been having sypthoms already which I think are. This is my second preganancy so I think they are. My question is you think I could be?? Oh I am not due for my period yet so I can't say I am late yet or not.. Please help
|

replied December 16th, 2010
Could I Be Pregnant???????
My period ended sometime in the first week of December,is it possibele to get pregnant on the 10th of December 2010? My period is always 5-7 days every month like clockwork, but this month was only 3 to 4, and im having ovulation pains now going on two days which is the 15 and 16 of December, Any ideas or answers to my questions, I appreciate any advice or answers,............Thanks
|

replied February 13th, 2011
New
Hi everyone. I had unprotected sex 9 days after my period started and he pulled out too late meaning he came a little inside. Could I be pregnnt? Ihave a 28 day cycle so is 5 dys before ovulation so idk. Please help me! I'm young and not ready for a child but if u was to have a baby I would take care of it no matter what.
|

replied November 9th, 2011
NEED HELP!!!!
hey question i had and ovulation test and it came out positive on november second. today is november 9th and i did blood work and it came out negative. can i still be pregnant can it be to early?
|

replied November 9th, 2011
NEED HELP!!!!
hey question i had and ovulation test and it came out positive on november second. today is november 9th and i did blood work and it came out negative. can i still be pregnant can it be to early?
|

replied January 26th, 2012
What should I do
Hey i had sex after my periods on the second day I'm not sure if I can get pregnant there alot of storys saying that u can and can't I'm olny 20 and not sure what to do if I am. Could I be.
|

replied May 7th, 2012
Answer Please
I had unprotected sex the day after I ended my period and the next day I woke up with what it seems like ovulation pain can it be possible? and can I get pregnant because of it?
|

replied March 3rd, 2013
periods and ovulation
Hi everyone iam curious can you ovulate right after your period? My period lasted 3 days and its usually 7days and i took a ovulation test and it was positive. Its weird and confussing because ive had ovulation symptoms befor i bleed and after i bleed is that possible? ANY HELP?
|

replied March 3rd, 2013
periods and ovulation
Hi everyone iam curious can you ovulate right after your period? My period lasted 3 days and its usually 7days and i took a ovulation test and it was positive. Its weird and confussing because ive had ovulation symptoms befor i bleed and after i bleed is that possible? ANY HELP?
|