Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Breast Tingling (Page 1)

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Hello, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I am 36 with no children, my breast are natural. My left breast has been tingling. At first it was discomfort, and then the tingling begun. I tried no caffeine and one web site suggested no caffeine and no nuts. The twingling remains. After a minor struggle with my insurance co. (i say minor because I know many people have been through worse) I had approval for a sonogram, the doctor at the clinic I was sent to suggest a mammogram instead. I finally, had the mammogram - I am currently awaiting the results.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Juliefarmer
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Re: Breast Tingling
lase68 wrote:
hello, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I am 36 with no children, my breast are natural. My left breast has been tingling. At first it was discomfort, and then the tingling begun. I tried no caffeine and one web site suggested no caffeine and no nuts. The twingling remains. After a minor struggle with my insurance co. (i say minor because I know many people have been through worse) I had approval for a sonogram, the doctor at the clinic I was sent to suggest a mammogram instead. I finally, had the mammogram - I am currently awaiting the results.

hello. I have brest tingling and am going to the doctor tomorrow. What were your results? I am 37 and have 2 kids aged 8 & 9. You can email me directly and then I will give you my private email address when you write to me.

Thanks diane
|

replied November 17th, 2011
My LEFT BREAST HAS BEEN TINGLING ON AND OFF FOR TWO OR THREE DAYS NOW. DID YOU FIND ANYTHING OUT FROM YOUR RESULTS?
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Breast Tingling
Hi,

the mammogram was negative. I read on a web site to avoid caffeine and nuts and my doctor suggested the same. I did cut down on the caffeine and the tingling stopped, the heaviness in my breast also went away.

Best of luck to u. I hope it turns out well.

( I tried the e-mail by your name, but it wouldn't go through)
|

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi There
I know it has been almost a two years since you posted that breast tingling, but I have been feeling that in my left breast. It has been feeling "heavy". Could it really be from caffeine? Has your symptoms ever came back? I am 21 and I have a ten month old. I have been going to the doctor and they keep telling me its stress, but I havn't ever felt this way...Please let me know asap...Thank you!
|

replied August 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Hello
I have only ever felt this on my left breast...Have you found anything out???
|

replied February 4th, 2008
Hello
I also have that breast tingling, did anyone get their results back? I'm 25 and have never had children. I'm a little concerned because I have never felt this before. I would like to know what this could be if anyone can help me out..thanks
|

replied March 24th, 2008
Breast Tingling
I started feeling the same sensation only in the left breast a few days ago. I cannot feel any lump or physical problem. It seems to be behind the nipple and is not really PAINful just annoying and tingling. Seems that most people that posted on this are feeling it in the left breast. Could it be heart related? Hormones??
|

replied June 4th, 2011
omg! i have been having the same feeling somettimes at the side but mostly behind the nipple aslo and o the left breast! i thought it was just me alone! im 16 btw! i wonder what is it all the time,could it be something serious?
|

replied September 15th, 2011
Did you ever find out what this was?
|

replied March 25th, 2008
Hello,

I went to the doc to get this checked out and she told me that i had Herpes Zoster. Basically its the chicken pox a second time around.
|

replied March 25th, 2008
Shingles
Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Shingles. They are very painful and itchy. You usually begin with a blister like rash that is extremely uncomfortable. My tingling breast symptoms are nothing like this but I appreciate your sharing your situation.
|

replied March 25th, 2008
true, but luckly i did not have pain nor the itching blisters, I only had an uncomfortable tingling feeling under my right breast and a few red spots in one area, they were flat spots. the best thing to do would be to go and have that checked out.
|

replied October 10th, 2008
RE: left breat tingling...
Hi! Finally i found a site that others are talking about the same issue! Its about 4 days now, and i keep feeling Tingling in only my left breast....i never felt this before, and it was annoying me...im worried, and by reading all your posts, im still not sure whether to just stop drinking coffee....or panic..lol...

why is is mostly only the left???
|

replied June 4th, 2011
i dont think its coffee cuz i have the same tingling feelin on the left and i definitely DON'T drink coffee!
|

Did you ever find out what this was?
|

replied October 13th, 2008
left breast tingling
I think the tingling is heart related and the source is STRESS. I think caffeine adds to stress so cutting it out could be helpful.
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Mmm, that is interesting! My mum took her own life a couple of months ago, i moved house between her death and her funeral, i am still waiting for the inquest and have loads of other stresses going on. I too have tingling/throbbing in my left breast, and have had for a while now. I don't drink coffee everyday, drank 2 cups today and can notice that the twinges have increased. I am going to monitor my caffine intake and left breast discomfort more closely now to see if there is infact a connection.
|

replied November 3rd, 2008
Left Breast tingling
Hi,
I have got tingling in my left breast too. Only in the left one though. I am alergic to caffiene so I haven't had any for about 12 years now so it can't be that for me. My mum has just moved house (from our family home of 20 years) which I found quite stressful so maybe it's that. Has anyone had any diagnosis from their doctor?
The tingling is on and off every few seconds. To start with I kept checking my mobile as I thought it was vibrating in my pocket.
|

Did you ever find out what it was? I have the same thing and it's driving me crazy!
|

replied April 13th, 2012
Tingling in breast
I was in the shower and my right breast started burning in an area above the nipple. It was almost like an insect was stinging me. I put my hand to it and discovered a sizeable lump. That was in December, 2011. I've had a bilatral mastectomy and see my oncologist for the first time for chemotherapy this coming week. Whatever it is any of you are feeling, get it checked out immediately. If you haven't had a mammogram and can't afford one, research where they do them for free. But get checked out. My cancer is aggressive but we hope it was found in time.

Ginnysmom
|

replied January 30th, 2009
left breast tingling
I have tingling in my left breast too and only the left! It starts out annoying off and on but sometimes it actually kind of hurts. Could this relate to pregnancy at all?
|

replied March 14th, 2009
left breast tingling
I am convinced that this sensation is related to stress. You should get a mammogram or other tests to rule out anything serioius. If nothing turns up on the tests then try to regulate the stressors in your life. That is hard these days but that may be the source of your tingling sensation. Weird but true!
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Tingle, tingle tingle
Like everyone else, I have that tingling feeling on the Left breast too, and I'm 56. What is it about the left side? I also found a tiny lump under the same breast; had a mammo and ultra sound. Waiting for results.
|

replied January 4th, 2010
Tingling sensation in lower left breast
Im seventeen years old, and i have been feeling the same sensation of tingling in the lower part of my left breast. I notice it mostly when im laying down, but i sometimes feel it at any time. And there is absolutely no way im pregnant, so that can be ruled out now. Is this unsual for someone my age? What should i do about it?
|

replied February 6th, 2010
Hi all,

I have been having a burning sensation on the right side of my right breast for weeks now. I do not eat nuts and drink one cup of coffee in the morning. Other beverages are non caffeinated. I am 62 and worried. On Monday, I will be making an appt with my OB GYN. I am sure he will send me for a mamogram, but I will post back in a couple of weeks when all results are in. BH
|

replied March 30th, 2010
Tingling Sensation in Breasts
Hi, I'm 51 and I've been having the same symptoms for about two weeks. It's only on the lower half of my right breast. Sometimes it tingles, other times I feel pressure like it's being squeezed. Once in awhile it travels to my armpit or around to my back. My OB/Gyn said it could be shingles. I am scheduled for a mammogram next week. I'm hoping it's just hormones from menopause. I'll post back when I hear anything. LV
|

replied April 13th, 2010
I had a mammogram last week. The doctor told me not to worry, because you can''t feel breast cancer. The tingling lasted for about 3 weeks and then suddenly disappeared. LV
|
12 >>