Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Vertigo And Headache

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, am new to this forum but am stumped as to what to do with this problem. I have spoken to my neuro about this but it seems that they(the ms clinic) do not feel that this is a ms symptom. I have had recurring dizzy spells for quite a few years and lately they are accompanied by severe headache. I was dx'd late (51) and have only a mild form but this vertigo thing is very disabling. You never know when it will rear its head or how severe it will be. I quit copaxone in march of this year and it seems that this thing has gotten worse since then. Any suggestion?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ennamari
|

replied July 15th, 2004
I am having the same symptoms and was also told that they are not related to ms. I have had many test run on my inner ear for vertigo and it all returns normal. I feel that this is a symptom of ms and the only thing that helps me is to take a couple of valium during the attack. Sorry to not be of more help.
|

replied July 30th, 2004
Vertigo And Headache
Hi , I was dx,d last year. I have had bad headaches the whole time. My neuro also didnt seemed to think it was related to teh ms either. But then again, she cocks her head everytime I tell her about a symptom.

I get dizzy and nauseas all the time usually accompained by a headache.
Finally she put me on promethazine, 25 mg for nausea. It does help.
Hope this helps gail in nh
|