Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Ovarian Cysts

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Question I am going in for a second ultrasound as they found a mass on each ovary and want to have a better look. Does this automatically mean it's a cyst? What's the difference between a cyst and fibroids? I went in for abdominal pain, a feeling of bloating and swelling, pain when needing to "potty", and painful intercourse. I have never had any medical problems before, my pap came back normal, but my sister has had to have fibroids removed. Any helps or feedback is much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Ovarian Cysts
I had an ovarian cyst rupture/leak yesterday. I went through the same experience 3 years ago. It is extremely painful and there seems to be few options to prevent future ruptures. I am looking for alternative treatments, diet restrictions, vitamins, herbs etc. As opposed to taking birth control or other hormone adjusting medications. I can't imagine having to endure this again. Can anyone lend any suggestions or help?

Thanx
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Ovarian Cysts
shakala wrote:
i had an ovarian cyst rupture/leak yesterday. I went through the same experience 3 years ago. It is extremely painful and there seems to be few options to prevent future ruptures. I am looking for alternative treatments, diet restrictions, vitamins, herbs etc. As opposed to taking birth control or other hormone adjusting medications. I can't imagine having to endure this again. Can anyone lend any suggestions or help?

Thanx

i am 18 years old about three days ago I went to the er with extreme pain in my stomach. They did an ultrasound and noticed my bladder was really full. Well a cyst had ruptured they didn't see it but they could tell by the fluid. The next day I went straight back because I couldn't use the bathroom my bladder was about to bust my stomach was hugh. I got to the er and they sent me home with a catheran I have to come back monday, to see the doctor and see whether or not I have to get another on or if I can actually use the restroom on my own. But its really painful. :cry:
|

replied April 14th, 2009
Ovarian Cysts
I am 23 years old and I had ovarian cysts that is painful. My cysts measures about 1.74 x 1.51 cm and I had regular check up with my obe-gyne. Mine was rupture yesterday and it is painful. I write here to ask for additional information about ovarian cysts. I want to know if what is the best option to prevent rupture. And can a small ovarian cysts need to have an operation? Please help me...

thanks,

Mary
|