Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Sweat Glands

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
About 4 years ago I started noticing these spot like things on my penis. I'm uncircumsized and when I pull my foreskin back they're under there. They're like in clumps, just a little lighter in colour than my penis, they're only rasied a very little bit, and there's no pain. They're up and down my shaft on the top side of my penis and just below the head on the underside they've also started appearing under my penis head.

I saw my doctor 4 years ago and he thought they were normal and sent me to an std clinic (even though I was a virgin) anyways, one of the nurses there said there were just "sweat glands", they're normal and some people get them more than others.

Since this day i've thought they may have confused them with the other spots I have which are around the bottom of my shaft on the underside so i've been worried if they missed diagnosed them.

If this makes any sense, I would appreciate the help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sdrawkcab
|

replied July 8th, 2004
They are nothing to worry about I got them to. They are very normal from what I have heard. I am not circumcised to.
|

replied July 13th, 2004
These are all over my penis and I keep getting more, any tips on how to stop them from spreading? I use warm water as I was told using soapy water was a no go.

It's just embarassing as there are loads of them.
|

replied June 10th, 2008
Maybe they could be skin tags?
|

replied June 13th, 2008
Im 18 years old and i have 3 of the same things you are talking about, at first i thought it was harpies but what I've been reading on it is making sense about the sweat glands getting infected.. Hopefully its nothing serious and i wish all you the best of luck.

=)
|

replied February 24th, 2009
me to
i have the same thing.. there just under the head.. does this have an effect in oral sex?
|

replied May 7th, 2009
me to
i am now 18 and never had intercourse because of my embarressing problem, I have these spots known as "Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands" all over my genitals 4 as long as i can remember, i have bin to the clinic 3 times and have been told they are natural, there is no cure and they may fade as i grow older. Im in need of a forum where i can talk and meet people with similar issues
|

replied May 29th, 2009
i suffer from the same problem and am embarrased to show my penis. now in a relationship and am worried as to how my partner will react, even though she knows its not an std it is weird y'kno. a forum would be veryyy good if anyone knows one?
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
i am nerly 19,
i have sebaceous (sweat) glands all other my penis at first i was scared for a few months untill i went to doctors they sed wht they was
and ill say this cos every one asks me and every one knows what i have there is no known cure for sebaceous (sweat) glands ignore people who say there is
my 17 year old brother came to me and told me bout him having the same thing ive done alot of research for 2 years and i believe its apart of you DNA or some thing like that it is possibly passed down from a your parent or some thing like that you can not catch it and it wont go ever,
it fade of as you get old, BUT DO NOT EVER POP THEM IT DONT MATTER HOW BIG THEY GET IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE,
dont let it control you av learnt how to cope with it, and it doesnt stop me have relationships as long as your honest bout it first so they aint thinking you have some thing just use a condom anyway a dotted one would make it harder to see as there lumpy anyways so up to you if u need help or advice leave a message and ill try help talk you thought it bye ...
|

replied October 29th, 2011
hello, im 13 years old. About a year ago i realised i started getting these spots on my penis, and you say they are 'sweat glands'. They started appearing as i hit puberty, do you think that has anything to do with it? Im quite worried for future matters and was just wondering if you could give me any information?
|

replied May 17th, 2010
is it quite a hard lump which moves under the surface of the skin?
|

replied February 20th, 2011
there is away to reduce the size and amount of them by applying things such as a heat pad to melt the fats and oils and let them be absorbed back into the internal body i have the same problem and i have seen a substantial decrease in the number of "lumbs" in the past month, this isnt a cure but does help you to feel more confident about yourself Very Happy
|

replied May 8th, 2011
Definitely do not squeeze them! i recently went to a urologist and asked about them he explained what they were and told me that squeezing them makes them worst, mine personally are pretty big from squeezing them almost everyday to get a white curd like substance out of them and when i have an erection they are very noticeable, my main concern is a women feeling them with her lips as she gives oral, if anyone else knows a way on how to reduce them then please let me know
|

replied May 17th, 2011
They are called penile papules. Google it and you should see a picture. They are normal if this is what they are. Obviously without looking I can't tell, but if they told you this was fine at the STD clinic then relax.

There is no cure for this except laser surgery. But it is not a disease, it is not a wart, it is your skin.

There is no magic home kit that will make them go away, they are you.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 8th, 2012
ok i didnt realise that your not supposed to burst them, an ive had mine since i hit puberty, an ive been bursting them since then, its never caused any problems before, but now i think one of them has become properly infected and it's scabbed and pussing, any idea what i could do?
|

replied June 2nd, 2012
penis erect
when i think about girl in the night, my penish become so hard and erect as to tore to undergarment and, whole night it erect as bombo .
i am much troubole kindly suggest me what to do.9810208562
|