Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Great Topic: Nipples!!! Lol......

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok guys here is my problem......I have been breastfeeding joshua for 3 1/2 months, and he takes his bottle with cereal 3 times a day, and whenever we go somewhere, all other times, I breastfeed him. Well I have been giving his his bottle more and more because I am trying to ween him, and he does just fine, except when it s time to go down for the night. He screams and screams and screams if I don't give him my nipple. I try holding out and see if maybe he'll go to sleep anyways, but after 20 minutes I just can't help it and I give in. I have tried giving him a pacifier, bottle, teether, orajel, mylicon drops, nothing works!!! He just wants my nipple! And I want to break him of this habit but I don't know how! Any suggestions???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Oh darn. I thought this was actually about nipples. Not breastfeeding. Grr.Lol.I dunoh what to tell yah

nipples rawk my socks
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hello since we are somewhat on the subject, does anyone have a problem with there's as in one areola is much bigger than the other?
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Also, you know how when your pregnant, your nipples get bigger and darker??? Well mine lightened up a lot already but will they get smaller again when I stoip breastfeeding??? I really hope so! Lol. Sorry sd I don't have that problem so I dunno. I'm sure it is just a little pigmentation defect.....No biggie probably.
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
My friend had that same problem with her son and she gave into him too until he spent the night with us one day and of course I couldnt breast feed him. So no nipple for him and she said after that he calmed down about it. I know it would be hard but just try and hold out on him. Good luck
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Just try not to give in. Eventually he will realize he has to take the bottle. Try getting different kinds of nipples, he bound to take one of em lol
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey hun r u using the kind of nipples that r made for when ur breastfeeding????.....I agree w/ niki.....And yes they will get smaller!
|