Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Lump Under Breast? (Page 1)

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Hey guys..Was just wondering if anyone could help me out! I have been freaking out the past few days because I noticed what seems to be a lump under my left breast. Its actually sorta on the side (between the breasts) and continues under it. I have just been under alot of stress lately and anxiety so I seem to worry about everything. For all I know it could have always been there but I never noticed it. It was just worrying me because it is in the heart and breast region. And my bra rubs up against it and causes irritation. Just wondering if anyone ever experienced this...Or if it is normal and always been there and i'm just going crazy for no reason. My husband tells me not to worry, but he was the one who actually pointed it out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Didn't wanna go to the doctor and have him tell me it is just my breastbone or something.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper crystals04
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Get to a Dr. And get it checked out!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied September 24th, 2004
Hi

you should have it checked soon.

Regards

|

replied January 28th, 2006
That is weird. I just noticed the other day I have a lump under my left breast too. It's more in the middle though. I think it should probably be checked out by a doctor, just to be on the safe side.
|

replied December 12th, 2006
Diagnosis
I've got one, too on the left - underneath toward the left of center. Right where the bra band is, and it is now to the point of hurting. Grown by half in the last few weeks. What was your diagnosis?
|

replied January 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Breast Lumps
Breast lumps can depend on various things such as: " around the bra band, it is most likely that your mammary glands are swelled up by your underwire bra. If near the center or above, it is something you could get checked by your doctor or have a mamogram. If it is near your armpit or on the outside of your breast(s), it could be your underwire bra again. "

either case, you should have your doctor check it out.

Good luck

joe
"http://ca.Geocities.Com/painlessjoe/
|

replied September 2nd, 2008
Lump Under Breast
I have the EXACT SAME THING my husband noticed yesterday! mine is hard as a rock but was also discolored til I put neosporin on it thinking it may be a zit from heat. The discoloration went away but still have the hard lump. Am going to the DR for my annual exam Friday so will have him look at mine. Breast cancer runs rampant in my family so I am not taking any chances. Let me know what you find out from your doctor and I will do the same. Marcell94
|

replied September 11th, 2008
Lump Under Breast
Hi,

if you have lump under your breast than you have to go to the doctor, because if you are waiting for ask to others then your problem will be big then now, so my suggestion is please go to the doctor.
|

replied September 12th, 2008
lump under your breast
the first thing you should do is stay calm and not panic.The lump may have occur through hormonal problem or the way of your lifestyle.You should go for a mammogram check up to check if the lump is cancerous.Not every lump found in the breast is due to cancer infection please consult your doctor.
|

replied September 20th, 2008
RE : lump under your breast
Hi,

You have to go to the doctor and check it what type of lump you have.

|

replied October 23rd, 2008
hi friend,

you would call a doctor first thing. That is serious stuff. Its better to be safe than sorry. u can also get information on this link.
|

replied September 16th, 2009
cyst/lump under breast
I also had the same lump in the same area. I went to a walk in clinic for a cold and they said it felt like a cyst. It did go away in about 3 weeks. Now I have two in the same spot. It's very sore. But you MUST get it checked out. These things should be taken seriously.
|

replied January 3rd, 2010
ANSWER FOR MANY OF YOU!!
So just to let everyone know many of you are not dieing, and what you have is not anything more then extra breast tissue. here is the exact name for the what many of you have this occures in 10% population many celebrities, DJs, actresses have this. its called Supernumerary Breast Tissue and for some who have a mole like thing in that spot which is common too its called supernumerary nipple. I had both the nipple and the extra tissue under my left breast, but the nipple didnt show till later.

its still not known if breast cancer can form in a third breast so still have it checked out, and something cool too know the most of these that one human has had was 8!!! and there was also a 72 year old man who had the supernumerary nipple on his thigh!!! Crazy. children have these men have these its very very very common, for some doctors though its a new thing because its not a worry so they dont think its that because there lookin g for serious things wrong with you not cosmetic and sad but true some dont know even about this? Stop being so worried everyone and live long fluent lifes!!
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Omg Im only 17 and I noticed the same thing mines is like under by boobs like more closer to the middle of my chest it's kinda scary because I'm trying to do my research 1st before I tell my mother and also I've been getting my period for two weeks!!! Idk what's wrong with me!!!
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2010
Snookie im 18 and on holiday so its stressing me out! lol cant even tell my mother! but im going to get it checked out as soon as i get bk you should do the same! the only difference between me and you though is i havnt ahd a preiod for like over half a year and im not pregnant!
Reply when you get your results from the doc!
JadeyBoosh92.
|

replied January 29th, 2010
I have exactly the same thing under my left breast, with the main lump being on the side of my left breast. Being panicked about it, I had a scan and found that it was a sabacetious cyst. Apparently to have a cyst there is quite common for women.. but have it checked out anyway!
|

replied June 22nd, 2010
Breast lump
I found a lump on top of my breast 3 months ago and went to the doc. She sent me to the hosp & everything was ok. I started feeling pain in my left breast, but underneath this time. I checked it out & it feels like a hard lump underneath. I'm scared to go back to the doc incase she thinks i'm being a bit of a hypochondriac!
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2010
I have read all the posts but mine is under my right breast. I noticed it about a week ago but it was just like a zit but not red or anything. Now it is the size of a marble and I can put my fingers around it and it feels like it moves. But my bra does rub on it from the top of the lump. It is tender to the touch. I just can't believe how big it has gotten in a weeks time. And how it actually feels like a marble under the skin. I know I have to have it checked out but do you ladies think it is just a cyst like what was described above?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Boriley and welcome to ehealth: I am of the opinion that if something is there that shouldn't be there, to have it checked out...It could be minor, but then it could be something else...I don't know if you have had a Mammogram recently, but I would not let this go....It's better to be safe than sorry....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied April 12th, 2011
Hi.Boriley mine is the same like yours have you went to the Dr.I would love to know what they said ( Please let me no)
Diane 31 years old...
|

replied April 20th, 2011
I'm 25 and I found a small lump under my right breast the other day, I thought it was a spot but its white in colour and hard and hasnt gone away. Its only really small, smaller than pea sized. Should I get it checked out right away or see if it changes in any way before I do?
|