Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Chemo And Gastroesophageal Cancer With Liver Metatasis

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
My husband is 41 and was diagnosed in feb of this year. He has had symptoms of something for a couple of years but stubborn. Now he is fighting for his life. Anyone else been thru this type of cancer and all the chemo. Its the not knowing that really weighs on your mind. As long as there is breath, there is hope.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2004
Cancer
What r the symptoms?
|

replied September 11th, 2004
Gastric Cancer
His early symptom was rectal bleeding and I mean by the cup fulls. I tried to get him to go to the doc, but he insisted it was ulcers. That was 2-2 1/2 years ago. Before diagnosis, he was more tired and had abdominal pain on the right side. Now that I look back on pics from christmas and shortly after, he was real swollen in his face and stomach area. I just thought he was gaining weight. He also drank quite heavily over several years. What a shock in the er thinking he may have been having a gall bladder attack and find out he has cancer.
|

replied September 22nd, 2004
Gastric Cancer
My 62-yr old father was diagnosed w/gastric cancer (w/liver metasteses) 10/6/03. He's been going thru chemo ever since. First regimen was carboplatin every 3 weeks + 2 weeks of xeloda. Brought a partial remission for about 6 mos and was reasonably tolerated. Second regimen was taxol. Didn't do a thing against the cancer and made my dad nauseous, lose 30 lbs, have allergic reactions during administration. Doctor was preparing us for hospice but suggested we try a third regimen of oxalyplatin and xeloda. Side effects are manageable and we just found out that he's in another partial remission. Chemo is definitely no fun, but it has been mostly manageable for my dad--he's continued to work part-time, he's been able to spend quality time w/my kids and he's beaten the odds.
|