Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Baby Shower

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey all!
I wanna throw my sis a baby shower (cuz ive had three thrown for me so far and she had one) cuz the thing is... Well... She doesnt really have any friends. She cut herself off from all her friends once her and gary started goin out. She talks to some girls but only has one real friend. So I wanna throw her a surprise one but I dont know who to invite!!!! I dont want it to be like, 2 people cuz she'll get so depressed but I also wanna throiw her one cuz I know if I dont.. She'll be more sad and theres no one else to throw her one. Sorry to ramble its just I love my sis and I feel so bad cuz she seems so upset by this (her fiance's parents havent done a thing for the baby or bought the baby anything and they're goin to be movin into an apartment and they have low low income and tight budget and still need stuff for baby... And they make a loot of money) so anybody have any ideas on ways to get more people to come?? Like maybe even aquaintences?? When should I throw it? (shes due september 11th lol) cuz im due soon but I wanna have it soon for her... But I dont wanna plan it around when I go into labour..... Anybody have any ideas?? Thanx all.. Sorry I rambled a bit lol!

Shauna
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Wow. I have no clue what to tell you, except that she is so lucky to have a sis like you. Just invite everyone! Anyone that might come, even if it's more your friends too. Call up some of her old friends and who knows maybe they will want to be there for her!
Love,
chanda
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanx! That helped give me some ideas for people to invite! She'll be so happy now! Lol! :d

shauna
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have a friend who cut herself off from alll her friends for a guy. Well coem to think about it I have a couple friends like that. But this summer everything has changed for her, her friends came around when she needed them. I think you should find her old address book or talk to some people you know she was close to and I think that you will be suprised on how many people do in fact show up. And as for when. I got to pick when I would have mine and I decided to have mine when the baby was there, because then everyone got to meet him. But I ended up going into labor a day late, and the baby shower fell on the day I got home so I was really tired. Ok now I am rambling.. Good luck, and this is really sweet of you.
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol thanx! Im hoping to have one for her sometime in july or august (tim and I have been saving up money to buy her a playpen, highchair and some boy clothes lol) cuz my mom is throwing her one too (with all my moms work friends tho lol) after the babys born so I wanna do one for her before its born... Do u think august would be a good time? I know i'll have a baby by then and he/she'll still be quite young but do u think ill be able to handle it with a newborn?? Hopefully I can, my friend said she'll help me out too... I just dont want to have to bring my baby there to the shower and have people oogle over it while the showers for my sis.. Would I be able to leave the baby alone with my mom or somethin for a few hours?? Gah im getti off topic now haha! Im just want this to go right haha!

Shauna
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yes I think you will be fine. My sister in law who threw my shower brought along dalton and everything was fine.
|