Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Gastric Bypass And Alcohol Use

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I am very interested in anyone who can comment on the use of alcohol after gastric bypass surgery.
My husband had the surgery two years ago. His alcohol abuse has spiraled out of control. He can consume an unbelievable amount of alcohol and has absolutely no control over how much he drinks.
What are the health risks and does anyone know of any articles that have been written concern the use of alcohol and gastric bypass.
Thank you for any reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2011
Answer
I am the same way. I had RNY gastric bypass in 2009 and since then drink A LOT. It's called transfer addiction. Google it. I also have gastritis and vomit and have nausea on an hourly basis. I can't stop drinking to save the life of me. I hope u get answers.
|
Did you find this post helpful?