Thank you for taking time to respond to this survey. I am currently working on a thesis project involving teaching methods and classroom technologies used to assist those students with dyslexia. My goal, however, is to find the most effective strategies, or those that offer the best results, and then possibly implement them into a high school setting to improve the education for dyslexic students.
Please be assured that I will not provide this information to any third party, and that all information will be discarded upon completion of the thesis.
dyslexia educational survey
1. Do you have contact with any student or individual under 30 with dyslexia?
2. What is your relationship?
3. How does the student/individual view them self as a reader
c. Very good
d. Dont know
4. What grade level is the student/individual?
c. High school
e. Did not complete high school
5. What grade level is this student/individual currently reading?
A. Between first and third
b. Third through sixth
c. Middle school
d. High school or above
e. Dont know
6. What types of reading instruction were they given? (circle all that apply)
a. Basic group reading instruction
b. Reading one-on-one with teacher
c. Reading one-on-one with teachers assistant
d. Wilson reading method
e. Slingerland reading method
f. Lindamood phoneme sequencing program
h. Whole language
i. Other _________________________
j. Dont know
7. Were any of these special materials used in the classroom reading program?
A. Books on tape
b. Computer aided instruction
c. Lower level but age appropriate reading material
d. Other ________________________
e. Dont know
8. Has a reading specialist been utilized in their instruction?
c. On occasion
d. Dont know
9. If the student/individual used a reading specialist, what method(s) were taught? (circle all that apply)
a. Multisensory techniques
d. Lindamood phoneme sequencing program
e. Other ________________________
f. Dont know
10. In your opinion, what is or was the most beneficial component of the individuals reading program?
A. Basic classroom reading instruction
b. Computer assisted reading instruction
c. Wilson reading method
d. Slingerland reading method
g. Dont know
11. Does (did) the school library provide books for the individuals reading level and interest level?
c. Dont know
12. Please rate your satisfaction with the students/individuals reading program.
1. Very dissatisfied
2. Somewhat dissatisfied
4. Very satisfied
13. What type of instruction/activity would you like to see offered to these students?