Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

It Burns When I Pee And Even After!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Ok about a year a half ago I became sexually active and got on birth control. Ever since then I have been getting cronic bladder infections (sometimes once a week!!!!) I went to the doctor about every 2 weeks and she put me on antibiotics so many times. Well she later detected that I had chlamydia. She thought that was why I was getting all of the infections. I got rid of it and I am still getting infections!! I totally have stopped drinking cokes all I drink is water.....Wipe from front to back, pee after intercourse.....And I still manage to get them!! Im not sure if I even have a bladder infection....Could I have something wrong with my urethra... It seems like the only way I feel better is when I spend my whole day sitting on the toilet!! Please help me!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tobie
|

replied October 11th, 2004
Re:it Burns When I Pee And After
Hi,

i get the very same thing, my bladder constantly burns and I am in pain for days with it. I have been back and forth to the doctors since I was 7 years old, so it is not a sexually related problem with me. I have been for a kidney scan and have another booked for november, I have always been given antibiotics and have been told that the pharmacy remedies are not very good. The doctor told me that it may just be something I have to live with. I am also very clean, I do everything by the book, but have noticed when I drink alcohol the problem arises, but sometimes I get it even when I have not had any booze. I think it may be a dietry thing. Why not try aduki beans (they cleanse the kidneys) and eat pure foods for a while and see if that helps.
|

replied October 11th, 2004
Experienced User
Have you guys tried those cranberry tablets they have out? In stead of constantly drinking cranberry juice (which is excellent for helping out the bladder), there are pills that you take once or twice a day that give you the same effect. The acid and ingredients of them help flush out bad bacteria. It probably won't prevent all infections, but may help minimize them. There is obviously an underlying reason they can't find.

Tobie.. I don't know if it's related and your timing may just be coincidence with the birth control, but after I went on it I started getting yeast infections and eventually they became chronic to which no meds would help. I finally went on the depo shot (which has no estrogen) and got rid of them finally! They said it was the estrogen in the bc that was causing my body to have the infections. I don't know if it can cause bladder infections as well, but I just thought I would share.
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Re: It Burns When I Pee And After
Hello me again,

just to let you know that I have tried the cranberry tables as adviced by wakkochic 17 and I have not had any major problems since, I have not had any infections for a month. Lets hope these keep it at bay in future. Thanks a million for your advice.
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Experienced User
Just want to point out that when I get a yeast inf. It burns to pee, so that whole thing about the bc pills may be affecting you. That makes sense. So if the cranberry doesn't work try the shot or the patch. Good luck!
|

replied July 18th, 2005
This Has Been Happeing to Me Lately Too
It comes and it goes...I could get it two days a week sometimes once a week. I have tried everything...I went to my obgyn to make sure I didn't have std's. Totally free from everything...I have no idea what it is...But it is totally uncomfortable. I haven't been drinking alot of fruit juices or anything just water. I happens alot when I get out of the shower and I suddenly have the urge to pee and it usually lasts for about 6 hours or so...I have no clue but I am going to another Dr. This week because there is obviously something wrong.
|

replied July 25th, 2005
Same Here
You sound just like me. For about 8 to 9 month I had a constent uti. I would see the doctors some times twice a week and they never understood. When I did a urine test I sometimes came up positive for a uti but a day later it would never show up even know I had one. Medications never worked for me and they tried 5 different kinds. They then put me on medication for 6 months that helped the pain go away but I soon became addicted to the pills and now im off and got my problems right back. I have seen all kinds of doctors and im clean from hiv, std's, kidney cancer, and my kidneys are the right size and shape and are not brused. I am also on birth control but I know its not causeing this because I was on bc for a year before all this started. It burns when I pee and after, I get sharp pains in my bladder area, I wake up from pain, sometimes pain during sex, and not allowed to take baths anymore. If anyone finds out anything new I love to know. Ask if you have any questions too, I would love to help. Also what are the cranbarry pills calledd? I would like to try those. Thank you.
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Cranberry Pills
You can get these from holland and barrett or any health shop, ive just started using them so cant say if they work yet.
|

replied June 8th, 2006
Please Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interstitial cystitis (ic)... Research this....... I was just dignosed recently with ic. A lot of doctors mis-diagnose recurring uti's when it is ic.. Any questions I am here to answer..... I have constant pain from this... Cranberry anything will make it worse also any foods or drinks high in potassium or acidic will make it more painful....Coffee, orange juice, cranberry, cola's etc.....
|

replied January 6th, 2007
Research interstitial cystitis. Check it out and see if your symptoms are similar. Hope you get better!
|

replied March 26th, 2007
Experienced User
melrose7 wrote:
Research interstitial cystitis. Check it out and see if your symptoms are similar. Hope you get better!

Hiya just thought i would let you know, ive had problems like this for years now, ive gone to doctor after doctor and fed up with it now so i dont bother going just drink loads of water for 3 days and it clears its self up Smile It use comes again just after i have had my period and will last about a week. Do you think it is something to do with my period? :s Or Sex? when i was with my x bf things were rly bad and once bleeding when i wee. Things are better now. i have been taking cranbury for about 8 months and stopped taking them for 3 weeks and it came back Sad mayb cranbury works for me Smile
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Burning After Weeing
hi . i had the burning sensation of weeing after emptying my bladder . its really painful. now to ease it i drink plenty of cranburry juice . it doesnt taste that nice . but it cures the pain . i have a glass a day . you should try it . it does work , jan Laughing
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Experienced User
im a 17yr old male i had a uti / bladder infection for a while i thought it was somthing normal and that it must be somthing we all go through eventually i told my dr. about it and i took some urine tests. i had blood in my urine so i went on some medication which went for 10 days. after that my urine flow was normal and didnt seem to burn / "spit out" stringy material. i took a x-ray test to see what caused it if it was a stone turned out to be fine.

im just wondering if its possible to get it again or am i at more chance to get it again since ive had it before.
|

replied August 18th, 2007
Burning After Weeing
hi , ive also tried cranberry tablets . they work just as good as the juice , and there not fatning like the juice is . i got them from a health shop , there called , natures aid , there concentrated , 5000mg . there cost about £3. for 30 tablets, touch wood . ive not had the burning since taking then , ive not taken them for about 5 weeks now , thats great , you should try them , Laughing Very Happy Wink Surprised
|

replied August 18th, 2007
Interstitial Cystitis
My urine has no infection. I am having a burning sensation in my bladder for 2 wks., and I have to pee every 5 mins. The burning goes away after I pee for a couple of mins, then feel it again. It even burns down there, too. My kidneys are hurting, now. I have been to a urologist and he gave me pills to control an overactive bladder. I need pills or something to help EASE MY PAIN and make me stop going to the bathroom every 5 mins. Do the pills Elmiron help for IC? I had sex the night before I noticed all of my symptoms. I always clean real good and pee immediately afterwards. Could sex be what brought IC on? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS OR HOPE!!!Confused THANKS!!!!!!!!!
|

replied February 7th, 2008
same here
ever since ive been on birth control i have has constant bladder infections and yeast infections which have now become chronic. my doctor keeps giving me the same anibiotics and it clears up for a few days but then comes right back no matter what i do. this has been ongoing for a year now and the constant doctors visits are drving me absolutely insane.
|

replied February 7th, 2008
same here
ever since ive been on birth control i have has constant bladder infections and yeast infections which have now become chronic. my doctor keeps giving me the same anibiotics and it clears up for a few days but then comes right back no matter what i do. this has been ongoing for a year now and the constant doctors visits are drving me absolutely insane.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Please Help :(
Okay, I am on BC have been for about a year and a half. It has never really bothered me. My mom is allergic to latex and I am sexually active. I started burning when I was using the bathroom after I would have sex with my boyfriend. I have had sex before and it never did this. It just started. I have been checked, don't have anything. When my period comes it doesn't burn but before and after it does. It only burns for about 10 min after. I don't understand. Please someone help me. Sad I stopped using latex condoms too.
|

replied December 29th, 2009
on the same boat as you.
Omg! thats exactly wut happens t0 me.&& sometimes i feel like i really have t0 pee and wen i feel the burn i feel like ima pee a lot...&& then its like a tiny bit.. but the burn is intense =(
|

replied December 31st, 2009
Interstitial Cystitis, Sex, Pain/Burning
To those with chronic UTIs: Make sure that each time you are told you have a UTI that a UA is done, because as stated earlier, it is possible to have UTI symptoms without having a UTI. It is called Interstitial Cystitis, or Painful Bladder Syndrome.

For those with chronic bladder pain/burning: IC is not caused by sexual activity, but sexual activity usually causes flare ups in symptoms. IC is not bacterial, so you cannot take a medication to cure it, although there are some medications out there that help to alleviate the symptoms.

My advice: Research IC. If you think you may have IC then stop all cranberry foods and supplements immediately. Cranberry makes symptoms worse. Although cranberry helps to prevent infections, it irritates the bladder tremendously for those of us that have Interstitial Cystitis making pain and burning much worse.

And if anyone needs more info or someone to talk to about the matter check out this anonymous forum. Its great for all kinds of issues, not just IC. dailystrength "dot" org

Good luck
|
12 >>