Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Possible Twins Or Its My Imagination.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 12 weeks pregnant and I can almost swear I feel little flutters, I know I shouldn't feel moving for a few more weeks, but this is my first pregnancy so what do I know. :p . If anyone has any experiences to share I am all ears.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Experienced User
You might be feeling uterine spasms. It's completely normal, especially in a first pregnancy. I had the same thing. You could actually feel the spasm with your hand. My doctor was almost laughing when I said I could feel the baby kicking that early. Then he explained how the uterus will spasm or flutter because it was the first pregnancy and the muscle was not used to the sudden growth. I had three pregnancies total and only felt this early fluttering with my first child.
|
Did you find this post helpful?