Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Discolored Patch of Skin On Chest

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I have a patch of pinkish skin about the size of a fingerprint on my chest. It resembles a birthmark although it hasn't been there my entire life. Honestly, I can't remember how long it has been there, but at least several years.

In addition to being a different color than the surrounding skin, the patch is especially smooth in texture. If I stretch or pinch the surrounding skin slightly, the wrinkle lines in the pink region are a little different than those on the unaffected skin. The pink area is the same softness as the surrounding skin.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this might be? I never though much of it since it didn't cause pain or irritation, but after educating myself a little more about skin cancer i've come to the point where i'm gonna see a dermatologist.

I'm a 23 yr old male with fair complexion and some freckles (arms). I spend a fair amount of time out in the sun, but 95% of this time I wear a shirt. I have had a couple of sunburns on my chest, but none within the past 5 years.
Did you find this post helpful?
|