Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Has Anyone Ever?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Has anyone ever had an u/s done and the doc said it was a girl/boy, but when they baby was born it turned out to be the opposite. I've seen this two times on tlc ,and if it happend to me i'd be pissed ,b/c of buying all of the wrong stuff.

Off topic
i know this may sound funny but I have never been to a baby shower so how do they go? How far along do you have to be? Who organizes it? And whatever else.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I would be pissed too if that ever happened to me..Because id be so unprepared for it.

As for the baby shower..I've been to a few. This is what I know:
the earliest ppl have a shower is 6months. But its more common to have it around 8months.
The mother of the expecting mom usually organizes it but it could be done by a sister/brother/friend/or anyone else who is willing to commit their time to doing it.
Babyshowers are just a gathering of family and friends. They play baby related games, eat yummy food and the expecting mom opens gifts. Thats basically it. I hope this helped!
Shannon xoxox
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Pin a rose on ur nose shannon! Ur getting good! Lol, u hit the nail on the head~ lol....
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would be so mad if they said it was a girl and all of a sudden its a boy. Thats why after I find out, I want another 2 ultrasounds to make sure.

Baby showers are fun. Like scarf said they have them as early as 6 months to 8 months. I think 7 and a half to 8 months is a good time for one. Usually they are fun and you can plan it or a family or friend. Im planning mine for sept 4 labor day weekend so family can be here for it lol. Mine is gonna be a pizza party. People have barbeques, sandwiches, snacks, whatever food you choose. But im tired of all that so im having a pizza party. Then you play baby shower games the whole time, and hand out gift prizes for whoever wins. Then you pass out the cake, in my case cake and ice cream lol. Im not a cake fan, but I do love ice cream! And then you open all your gifts!!!

I went to a boring baby shower on saturday and they had 1 game! And it was at a park and they had mexican food and I was so bored, I left early lol. No cake, didnt even see the gift opening lol. Oh well. They should have made it more exciting.
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Thanks ya'll. The pizza party is a good idea, I want one too ,but i'm a vegetarian, so I don't think everyone wouldjust settle for eating all cheese or veggie pizzas. But I love them.
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well I know not everyone is gonna like my taste in pizza either, so I plan on getting 1 just cheese, one all meats, one with veggies, and 1 of my fave lol. Ill have a variety so people can choose. Plus ill have a plate of chips and dip, veggies and dip, pasta salad, drinks, and of course my cake and ice cream. Im gonna make my cake and ice cream before the gifts because some people save the cake til like the very very last, and thats just annoying lol
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Hey im a vegetarian too***

ultrasounds can be wrong, but if they get a good look, nowadays their pretty accurate. Ive had 4 ultrsounds now (3 sence I was 16 weeks) and all of em said boy so im satisfied* she pointed it out again today*

baby showers are so much fun, I had mine when I was 7 months*
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Nikki ,who is putting your shower together? I really want to have my shower to get baby stuff lol,seriously. I think I may register somewhere. And when me and my df move out i'll have a house warming party ,and get some more free stuff lol. Ohh ya ,who am I supposed to invite to the shower?
|

replied June 21st, 2004
I invited all my family (the girls only) and my close friends~
|

replied June 21st, 2004
So kari did you plan the shower yourself or did someone else do it? And what did ya'll eat?
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Why Girls Only??
Ok this always bugged me! Why is baby showers only for "girls"? Is the father not apart of all this??? I think the father should be invalved in the fun stuff (unless he doesn't want to be!!!) as well as good guy friends and family members. This isn't just about you and the baby, but the father is invalved too and should be kept invalved in all the good and bad parts of all this. Just my opinion, i've been to 3 baby showers, 2 were all girls, and 1 was girls and guys, I prefured the girls and guys.

Stacey
|