Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Red Raised Bumps On Upper And Lower Arms

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
These bug the !**@! outta me. They are really ugly, and I hate taking off my shirt so everyone can see this bright red bumps. My whole arm is covered with them, and ive had them for liek 3 years.

How do I get rid of them
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Red Raised Bumps On Arms And Legs
Are these bumps about the size of a small coin? Are they increasing in size, are they increasing in number? Are they painless? Apart from the arms are they growing elsewhere? From you explanation till now they sound like lipoma which is nothing but a deposition of fat on the nerve fibres causing the typical movable, swelling on various places of the body. This is purely a cosmetic problem and in no way would affect your health or metabolism. Homeopathic medicine has good remedies like thuja, causticum, crataegus, calc flour, silicea, fucus ves which can see that there is no further increase in size of the lipoma and no new occurrences of the same on the body.

Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied June 24th, 2004
No, they are not the size of a coin, poke your self in the arm with a sewing needel or something, and the red bump is about the size of a bump u would get froma needel
|

replied June 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Then it is acne vulgaris and can be easily taken care of with homeopathic medicine. Common remedies like kali brom, merc should help you.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied July 23rd, 2004
This Will Actually Help You! I Actually Wear Tanks Now!
Confirm this with your doctor... :d

but it sounds like . . .

What you actually have is called keratosis pilaris, a common mild condition in which the backs of the upper arms look rather like dried out, plucked chicken flesh. If this is the case, half of your children are likely to have the same future in store for them. Keratosis pilaris is hereditary. The rash is caused by firm little plugs forming in the hair follicles. The plugs themselves are made of bits of keratin, the main protein found in the outermost protective layer of skin (thus the name keratosis). These plugged follicles give the skin a raised, stippled appearance. Since the rash is associated with and worsened by dryness of the skin, most people experience a clear-cut seasonal variation -- generally worse in the winter. Although the rash changes in intensity from time to time, the baseline usually stays the same until middle adolescence, when it begins to improve. Adults who still have keratosis pilaris often experience further improvement during the middle decades. Usually it is on the arms but is also found on the backs or fronts of thighs and buttocks. Some people even experience it on the face. It is not curable but is treatable! I have had it since childhood, a terrible case of it, and have found physician who finally knew what they were talking about! I am 33! The following treatment has in 4 weeks given me silky smooth arms with very slight visible bumps (far cry from the red sometimes painful itchy bumps) I also now have a fine down of hair finally growing on my arms for the first time ever. Ok, shower and use a coarse body brush or strong loofa to scrub the bumps (all of them) with an acne body wash like neutrogena. It may be painful for the first few days, but its worth it. After you towel dry, apply lac-hydrin cream (this is prescription, so find a doctor that understands kerotosis pilaris) generously to area, then again at bedtime. Its not cheap, but you will see and feel improvment in a couple weeks maybe sooner! After they clear up, you can go to once a day to make your cream last longer. You won't be disappointed!

Als, make sure you are getting a vitamin a supplement, this will help keep your smooth skin, don't over do it on the vit. A though, you can overdose. Good luck! (i have a feeling I will be cutting and pasting this message a few times as alot of people have this problem...About 50% actually!!!) Wink
|

replied June 17th, 2007
I have the same exact thing! Little bump on my upper arms. I always thought it was just acne but it was wierd because i have no acne on my face or anywhere else. SO i did some research and found out it was KP keratosis pilaris. I went on Sephora.com and ordered KP duty, I use it everyday and it seems to be working really good. Actually im just about to order more! Oh and the most important thing is not to "pick" them, it makes them worse and they even come back more
|

replied June 5th, 2008
cure for red bumps on arms!!!
I have the bumps and the dermatoligist says is Keratosis Pilaris and that there's no cure. Gees, thanks.
ACTUALLY, I JUST FOUND A CURE! I rub on NIZORAL dandruff shampoo straight from the bottle and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing. My arms feel so smooth that I keep rubbing them just to feel the smoothness! I've suffered with this for 15 years! I can't believe I finally have a cure.
The reason it works is because my problem is apparently yeast, and the Nizoral is an anti-fungal that works on yeast.
I also have recurring vaginal yeast infections, irritated and swollen eyes and sometimes get cracks at the corners of my mouth. I'm convinced they're all yeast problems and will use the Nizoral on all places. I'll also continue to treat the yeast from the inside...Threelac product and also recently began drinking apple cider vinegar water (2 tsp. per 8 oz. water).
Good luck to everyone with this painless yet very irritating and embarassing issue. Maybe your issue isn't yeast, but Nizoral is worth a try. I can't tell you how happy I am. I live in Florida, and now I can wear sleeveless tops without feeling so embarassed. Wow, try it!!! I'm thrilled.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
I just noticed I have the same things, but mine appeared last night. They itch like crazy and its kind of like everytime I look down they get further and further up my arm. Now I am not sure if it is Keratosis Pilaris, but it is evenly spread out on my arms. it is on both of my arms, but only on the inside. It goes to just about the crease of my arms and it goes to just my thumb and pinky nuckles and stops. It doesnt go anywhere else. Please help me to know if it actually is Keratosis Pilaris that I have of just a little rash.
|