Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Phycosis

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
What exactly is phycosis? Am I even spelling that right? Lol
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper purple333
|

replied June 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I am assuming you man psychosis? My dictionary meaning is: any form of severe mental disorder in which the individual's contact with reality becomes highly distorted.

Just remember that even drs don't always use the term to mean the same as the dictionary definition.
|

replied February 8th, 2009
phycosis
Is it distorted or is the doctor getting a pay off you have to really make sure there not around any illegal activity because then your a butcher. You talking years of diagnois I went thru a child custody battle and he has a cop for a brother they say inlaw and there from mexico this is before the 911 we tried to alert and they wanted to ruin my name inthis as spect.15 years later I wanted a clearance and there is a list of crimes linked to someone and they wish I was phycosis the sd police won't do a thing but ruin your name and he is from tj chiuaua where he was born they didn't care as long as they get a cut of illegal money.u
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2009
Supporter
one example of psychosis is that the person "hears voices" that aren't really there. In hearing these voices they lose touch with reality because they think that what they're hearing is actually real.
If I'm not wrong ppl can also hallusinate. and again if i'm not mistaken they can hear voices inside they're head. the first ones i spoke about actually sound like you me talking out aloud, almost.
|

replied February 21st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Psychosis has alot to do with discovering how much your world is a piece of garbage. and caring. It has alot to do with seeing what's in people's eyes, it has alot to do with thinking and knowing. It has alot to do with being aware of what's around you, what your made of, why you are here. Hearing what the world has to offer. Things like this.
|

replied October 4th, 2009
PHSYCOTIC EPISODE
I have recenty experienced a stress induced physcotic episode. My symptoms were as follows:- I thought that people were watching me through the TV, I thought that there was a conspiracy against me. I had irrational beliefs that people around me were spying on me and my family. I was huluciating to the point where i thought that people where out to get me. I looked at everyone suspicously. I kept falling in and out of a state of total paranoia. Luckily, my wife made sure that I got to see a Dr as soon as possible. I was quickly diagnosed with an acute phsycotic episode and recieved medication and phsycotherapy. It has been about 10 months since the episode and I am still on medication. Fortunately for me, I was not diagnosed with skizophrenia. My reccomendation to any freind or family who suspects that their friend has a phsycotic disorder is to do the following:

1.listen to the person and offer them your support. (even if you think they are not making sense.)

2. Whilst some of the things they may be telling you seem beyond belief, they will appear totally true to the person. So do not discard what they say.

3. Trying to rationalise with person does not work.Whilst that person is in a state of phsycosis their ability to see logic and rational becomes disfunctional.

4. DO NOT GET ANGRY WITH THE PERSON. BE PATIENT AND KEEP OFFERING THEM YOUR SUPPORT. TRY AND UNDERSTAND THEM BY TEASING OUT THEIR THOUGHTS GENTLY.

5. It wont be easy, but get the person to see a Dr as sson as possible. Go with them to the Dr's and help to describe the problems in detail.

6. FINALLY: Be prepared for irrational and ilogical behavour from the person. Keep your self mentally strong by not taking on too much stress. Try and get other freinds and family to support you. Make sure that you and others helping you get properly educated with the persons condition and symptoms.
|
Quick Reply