Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Crackling Knees

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
I am only 34 years old and have been experiencing crackling in my knee joints. It happens when I go up and down steps. I don't have any pain or swelling. I took step aerobics for 5 years and now walk for excercise instead. It is a condition that is embarrasing and troubling because I know it can only get worse unless I do something now to correct it.

Any suggestions????

Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Crackling Knees
Pain in the joints, swelling, stiffness and crackling are all symptoms of osteoarthritis. An x ray of the knee joints would give an idea if there are any changes.
Homeopathic medicine has good remedies to give relief from the symptoms and slowly stop further degeneration of the joints to prevent arthritis to progress further.

Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied February 18th, 2009
crackling kness
hi ive read your story and ive got the same prob.im waiting 4 my resalts as hi just had a x ray to day 18/02/09 its a real pain in the ass going up and stairs at home i tread it .what can i do?
|

replied April 13th, 2010
osteoarthritis
same issue..just went and had xrays . they told me osteoarthritis. i am only 37. i thought that was for 65+..not sure what to do about it yet..
|

replied April 13th, 2010
I have the same problem and the doc. told me that all I can do is keep my weight down, watch out for what i do in run of a day and try to stay off my feet as much as I can!
|

replied February 25th, 2012
crackling left knee
This is worrying. I have pectus excavatum due to a lack of vit d! I am a hairstylist and stand on my feet all day. I have suffered with a crackling knee for years but until recently i started walking 4km walks. It has become rather sensitive to climbing stairs, after reading your posts I am think I will be taking a visit to the doctors.
|