Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Blisters And Acupuncture

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hello to everybody,

one quick question; I run/walk long distance events, anything above 50km up to various hundreds, but unfortunately I am quite prone to blisters and, after various changes and many years (i tried everything, vaseline, talc, thin socks, thick socks, tape, no tape, alcohol, foot cream...) I have been told that "maybe" acupuncture could help.

For as long as I do a non-stop event, no problem; it is painful, but I can usually finish. The real problem is multi day events where you have to run/walk on new blisters day after day and see the problem just get worse. And painful. If only I could push back the moment blisters start developing it would be a huge help.

I am looking for a prevention, not cure. Does anyone know if acupuncture could help?

Thanks in advance. George
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply