Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Flatulence--help!

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Have really potent uncontrollable gas that smells like skunk. What's wrong with me? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2004
Have U Tried Antigas Pills?
Try beano. It is supposed to prevent gas naturally. However, anti-gas pills work better. Or mayb changing something in your diet might help. If its just embarassing and not painful, then I would try some of these things.
|

replied August 4th, 2004
Thanks for the reply. I tried charcoal pills but they just didn't agree with me. I'm thinking the gas/smell could be something food-related, but i've been keeping track and can't pinpoint anything in particular! I'm stumped! I'm wondering if it could be malabsorbtion? Anyone have any ideas?
|

replied August 6th, 2004
If it's malabsorbtion you could try taking a digestive enzyme with every meal and an acidophilus supplement to help restore good bacteria in your gut. They're available from health food stores.
However it sound like something you've eaten isn't passing properly, you could try a detox for a few days to help clear what ever it is.
Also try adding nori strips to your food when cooking, it helps remove the gas from certain foods.
|

replied February 4th, 2009
I have a similar problem and my doctor seems to think it's down to stress. I've tried eating better and that seems to have helped a bit and I have pro-biotics every day. I got some filtration underwear in the meantime as the smell was awful. There's a few out there, I got some called Shreddies which seem to do the job. Good luck!
|
Tags: gas
Quick Reply