Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Type 1, What Kinds of Headache Medicines Can I Take??

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello I am 20years old and was diagnosed with diabetes two days ago. Ihave been having headaches and im not exactly sure what medicines I can take. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2004
Concerns of Modern Medicine
Even thought medical drugs can provide us with symptomatic relief, there are many considerations to weigh carefully regarding the intake of elements in our bodies. Is the desired effect occuring? Are there adverse side effect? What is the precise dosage needed for the illness? Will this drug interact negatively with other drugs?
Essentially, each time we choose whole foods and excellent nutrition, we allow our "internal doctor" to do the work. By filling our body with the finest treasures harvested from the earth, it's possible to achieve a healthier body w/o detrimental side effects.
|

replied February 6th, 2007
Hi
Recent studies indicate that the early detection of diabetes symptoms and treatment can decrease the chance of developing the complications of diabetes. Dietary supplements (herbs, minerals, vitamins etc.) may be of used in helping to treat your specific health concern.

Alpha-lipoic acid may treat symptoms of nerve damage in people with diabetes and may improve the glucose-lowering action of insulin. Vitamin b complex 50 helps produce enzymes that convert glucose to energy and may also aid in preventing diabetic nerve damage. Flaxseed contains essential fatty acids that protect against nerve damage and keep arteries supply. It also works to lower cholesterol level, and thereby protecting against heart disease. Antioxidants, including vitamin c, vitamin e and phytonutrients in bilberry, prevent damage to the nerves, eyes, and heart. Gymnema may increase insulin production or increase insulin release. Taurine may improve insulin sensitivity and decrease cholesterol level.

Calcium, working together with magnesium, plays a key role in maintaining proper nerve function. L-phenylalanine is involved in the biosynthesis of tyrosine and processes involving neurotransmitters. A deficiency of pantothenic acid may cause fatigue and headache.
Please note that this is not to be taken as medical advice. If you are seeking treatment, please contact your healthcare professional.
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
Re: Type 1, What Kinds of Headache Medicines Can I Take??
Hey, I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and when I was first diagnosed I had a headache for 1-2 weeks till they got my medicine straight. If your headache is caused by high or low blood sugar no medicine is going to help. My doctor told me I could take anything but asprin.
|
Quick Reply