Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Lung And Liver Metastatic Breast Cancer

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello everyone,

i am a metastatic breast cancer patient diagnosed in 1999. I had mastectomy followed by 8 doses of red medicine (don’t remember exact name) and taxol. I was taking tamoxifine orally.

Two years later in 2002 august cancer came back – nodules in liver. My oncologist started gemzar but 6 months later cat scan showed nodules in upper lobe of a lung & plueral effusion.

I started taxotere then and I have been on it for 7-8 months. I am having cat scan every 3 months. Every time lung nodules are increasing in size and more nodules are coming into the lung but liver nodules are the same in size. I have had persistent cough (dry) for the last two months as a result of plueral effusion. Last cat scan also showed water around lung.
My oncologist told me I would have a pouch inserted so water will get away from the lung area.

I am very concerned about the progression of disease in lung. My doctor is keeping me on taxotere. I am also on arimidix. I have done some internet research and found herceptin but my oncologist said my hormone receptor does not match so can’t take it.

I am really getting tired of taxotere because I don’t know whether it is working.
My question is are there any better treatments for lung and liver mets that I am fighting?

I will appreciate any comments from you. Thanks in advance.

Melody.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper billygo
|

replied September 19th, 2003
Confused

Melody

there are other things out there for you using low dose chemo that do not have the side affects the you get from traditional chem and is showing to be a very good treatment to know more let me know by posting it is a treatment called ipt .

Kelly
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Lung Cancer & Breast Cancer
Hi, I am responding to your message. My husband has lung cancer, tumor in the right lung and has nodles as well. So far liver is clean. He too is on taxiter, he also has a plureual effusion, which in december 2003 they put a cathiter/drain tube in his right side so that we can drain him from home. Its a newer procedure that has been out for the past year. It is helping with the fluid build up.
Also, my mother in law has been dealing with breast cancer for 22 yrs. She's has her breast removed and after several reoccurances has now come into her liver, bone in rib and lung. Last year her oncologist put her on taxiter to treat, it got rid of the pin point in her bone in the rib and got rid of the tumor in the lung, however decreased the leisions on the liver. She has 7 leisions total, they are monitoring her and she will go on taxiter again to help control the leisions.
Have they ever tried you on taxol and carboplatnum? My husband was put on both of those drugs when he was first diagnosed and it seemed to help him.
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Breast Cancer
There is an article that claims the govt knew about a cure for cancer in 1974 and will not divulge it because the drug cos would lose a lot of money. There are several herbal remedies that need to be taken hha colloidal silver, acidophilis, high dose vitamin c, hh 4-herb tea.. Wink
|

replied March 26th, 2004
Metastatic Breast Cancer
Hi melody,

my mother is going thru the same battle as yourself. She had been diagnosed with pleural effusion which is when fluids build up in the cavity between the pleura (lining of the lung) and the lung itself, last may. Sometimes there are cancer cells found in this fluid when it is drained, which is what happened in her case. She just had surgery (yesterday) in which they performed chemical pleurodesis via video-assisted thoracoscopic (vats) lobectomy.

Chemical pleurodesis is a technique used to produce an adhesion inside the pleural cavity. It is used on patients who have significant relief of symptoms when pleural fluid is drained and show evidence of lung reexpansion. She was getting the fluid drained once every 3 weeks. It is performed with a standard tube thoracostomy. Talc appears to be the most effective agent for pleurodesis, with a success rate of nearly 95%. The only downfall is you may not be allowed to do any clinical trials if you've had this proceedure done.

I found a lot of information on the net by typing in metastatic breast cancer and pleural effusion in seach engines such as yahoo or google.

Another thing you may want to look into is the use of herbs with your chemo. It has helped my mom's blood count and engergy levels after her treatments. She is going to an alternative cancer center after this surgery to go thru one of their programs. I will keep you posted on the progress.

My best wishes to you.

Cj
|

replied April 15th, 2004
Metastatic Breast Cancer
Hi melody,

one thing I would recommend is to take some herbs. Milk thisle is a good herb that helps detox the liver and it is what my mom's herbal oncologist prescribed for her. Her liver mets have gone down to normal in the three months she started taking it. You can find this at whole foods or any natural food store. You may want to consult an herbal oncologist as well. She also has been eating organtic foods which allows the liver not to work so hard.

She is exploring an alternative cancer treatment center next month. She just had the surgery to seal the lining to the lung (see my other posting) and will start with this cancer center next month. They work with you even if you want to continue with your chemo treatments. Their website is Aacancer.Com/. They are located in reno, nv and the bahamas.

Hope this helps you!

Cj
|

replied May 25th, 2010
All you people get away from othordox medicine , I cured myself from metastatic prostate cancer,with vitamin b17 leatrile amygdalin ,check it out ,there are many other cures out there , educte yourself , and read .
|

replied November 26th, 2012
Alternative treatment center
I recently read a testimonial, that mentioned successful remission of similar cancers. The lady had invasive ductal breast cancer in stage 3, and underwent a lumpectomy, but refused chemo and radiation. Her tumor marker had doubled, but after Issels treatment for 3 weeks her tumor marker returned to normal. She is quoted saying that she is enjoying a normal life three years after treatment. As for the liver mets, I think there was a testimonial from some one, you can check them out for yourself.

The treatments at the Issels centers are great because they focus on repairing your immune system rather than blasting out the cancer with radiation, and whatnot.

Of course, check with your physician before making any final decision, but you might be able to at least find some resources to help you ask the right decisions on their site.
|
Quick Reply