Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Bleeding At 6 1/2 Weeks And Very Nervous

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I started bleeding last night. My first prenatal visit isn't until oct.1. So I called my doctor immediately and saw her just this morning. She did an ultrasound. She couldn't see my baby (embro), but she did see a cyst on one of my ovaries that she wants to keep and eye on. She also said it was good that I wasn't cramping and that my cervix wasn't dilated! She prescribe no rest or anything Confused ????? Just said take it easy. "easy" whatever that means. I'm scared! I've been trying to get pregnant for over a year. This is my first pregnancy. I'll be 35 in october and was very excited about the prospect of being a mom. The bleeding is red and so far only when I wipe (i.E. I'm not bleeding onto a panty liner yet). But it is very similar to when I first start my period. Can anyone offer some calming advice?

Ang-
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 17th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Some women do continue to spot until at least 6 months of being pregnant. You should listen to your doc. And take it easy. Dont stress about it either. Take another pregnancy test it if helps to confirm you are still pregnant. How many weeks are you?
|

replied September 17th, 2003
Bleeding At 6 1/2 Weeks And Very Nervous
Based on the date of the first day of my last period, my doctor estimates that I am about 6 1/2 weeks. Thank you for your response.

Ang-
|

replied September 20th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Bleeding During Pregnancy
I started bleeding 7 weeks into my last pregnancy, the bleeding became incredibly heavy, with severe period like pains aswell as back pain and I misscarried not long after. Although it is not unusual for a woman to have slight bleeding during pregnancy, my sister has had 3 children and she had normal periods through her last pregnancy and gave birth to a very healthy little girl, the little girl is now 5 years old and still going strong. So I think you just need to keep in touch with your doctor.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh