Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Help Me!!!!!

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi im new here and idont really know why. Im not feeling very good at the moment tho. Wat can I say? Im 17 and I feel that the end is near. I cant take this anymore. I have no purpose in life anymore, no goals, ambitions, nothing.

Im sick of everything. When I wake up in the morning my head is filled with dread- what is the purpose of living a life that is as depressing as mine? Even self harming isnt as good as it was before. Please, I dont know wat to do. I cant even cry. I feel so alone
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2004
Experienced User
See a doctor right away!!! Please tell someone close to you that you need help! You were put here for a purpose although you may not see it right now, you are needed here. Join a group and surround yourself with friends. I know that 17 is a very difficult age, but I promise you it gets better. Think of all the people you would affect if you were gone. You would be missed. Smile Laughing :d
|

replied May 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Encourage This Person!!!
Everyone responds like crazy to the pregnant people in the forum!!! This person has mentioned ending their life!!! Give some words of encouragement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied May 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Please
Oh please dont talk that way. You need to find someone you can confide in and talk to to help you through this. Tbeck is right 17 is a hard age we have all been there. But you are so young and you have so much of life to look forward too. Surround yourself with friends and family go out and do things enjoy life there is so much there to enjoy and you will find it. I know things may seem depressing now but they will change as time goes on remember we have all gone through this at some point. You hafta work through it and pull yourself out of this slump your in..You can do it. You know you can you just hafta try. And we are always here to encourage you and help you in any way we can..
|

replied May 27th, 2004
Experienced User
You are at a very difficult age -- but it sounds like you are in a more serious condition than just the usual teenage horrible blahs. Coming here to ask for support is a good step, and you need to know that you are not alone. If you have serious depression there is often a chemical reason in the brain, things just don't fire right, and you are at the age where that is the biggest risk. But you should be able to get some help for that, don't think of it as medication just as something that gets your brain chemistry back to where it should be, and then once you are stabilised you can start to think about living your life.

What the self-harming does is release natural chemicals in your system that make you feel "better". So its a vicious cycle, if you feel unhappy about something real, and then you self-harm and then that chemical feeling goes away again. So it sounds like you want to do something about how you are feeling, it's a great sign, and there are a lot of people who will be on your side.
|

replied May 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Keep sending replies to this person please! :d
|

replied May 27th, 2004
Call a Help-line !!!!!!
I am sure there is one in your area. They will have people who know how to help. I can hardly remember when I was 17 but I do remember having a lot of trouble. I used to think what's the point. Nobody cares. Well I have 7 children, 5 grandchildren and they care. I'm so glad I didn't do anything stupid. Give the help-line a chance. Could be the best call you ever make!
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
17 is a rough age, don't hurt the people around you that care about you!

Ask for help, there is nothing wrong with that, heck we all need a little help sometime! Talk to a professional, call the help line. This is what they are there for!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Well everyting that you've said is the same for me and i'm only 15 harming myself worked for a little while now I have nothing to do other then harm those around me. I suffar form nervous break downs all the time am seeking help but so far no luck since I have a hard time trusting people after what I went through with my (x )father. My lifes probably worse than yours. My (x) mother reminds me of the past all of the time than on top of that at school everyone calls me a phsyco which gets to me sometimes also at school just recently found out all but 1 friend has been using me and that only friend looks up to me like a role model cause recently she had a nervous break down during a class and I was by her side tellin everyone else to go away. This was cause some guy tried to rape her now believe me that is nothing compared to what I have to live with day in day out however these days I am by myself isolated from others people even her and my (x) family thse days me life is ruled by shear hatred of living people
|

replied June 1st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Fearnoevil & deathtouall,

although you are young, you are (i suspect) very bright talented young people who are capable of understanding the concept of choice.

People choose to get drunk, choose to drop out of school & spend their lives complaining about what they could have done etc, choose to find ways to overcome adversity. There are ways for us all, but we each have to make a decision to seek help - phone a help line (kids help line - here in australia is apparently excellent & keeps your contact etc private but they can refer you to other places/people/agencies etc that you may neeed depending on your situation.

People foget that there is no reason to stay at a school where they're unhappy, change school, do it by correspondence!!, do it at tafe (a different sort of college here in australia), there are always other choices, you just need to make up your mind to look for them & seek help to win through the government red tape to get what you need for you.
|

replied June 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Get help like everyone said. I was in a cbt group that has turned my life around, so you may want to give one a try too Smile
|

replied June 2nd, 2004
What is the point of me having a talent when no one lets me use it or let me be who I want to be??????????????????

Seeking help only makes things worse for me can't trust don't talk find it hard to even go to school
|

replied June 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You ask what is the point of having talent if no-one lts you use it.

A very valid question but the answer rather depends on the "talent" - if your talent is in selling drugs then i'm all for not letting you use it Exclamation but if it's for writing - then no-one can really stop you - except you. Then there's all sorts of inbetweens, so what are you talented at? My daughter (16)would tell you i'm not bad at finding ways around the rules & red tape & people's "opinions" of what should & should not be ok or done/not done etc.

If you want help, you need though to be abit more specific. Also who do you want to be?? If you want to be dead (see other posts by this person) then I will not help, but if you want to get into spiritualism (like people you see on tv etc) then I do know of some places/people you could contact. Again though, as I keep saying - if you want help, people eed to know, what help you need Exclamation
|

replied June 2nd, 2004
I'm talented at writing but no one lets me write cause they want to read it so in a way it's me stopping myself but protecting my thoughts and feeelings.... At school I can't write cause they all think they know everything tyhat I wrote so start !**@! say that they've read me black death book so start lies and rumours etc

either way I don't know
|

replied June 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, well you can write, in journals privately, or on-line, there are numerous groups (try yahoo, msn etc) that have groups that write things, plots for tv shows, movies, other stuff, there are also writers groups in many places, (same as amateur theatre groups - which might also be of interest to you) that you could join all outside school/home etc.

You say "black death book" & people start rumours/lies etc i'm guessing here, but - well school kids do that something awful, so don't let them near stuff you want to keep private - also "black death"? Black magic? Ki-ll-in-g people? What sort of stuff do you write. Maybe right now what you're writing is stuff you need to get out of your system, but not stuff that you mean to act on???????????????????????????????????????? ?
|

replied June 4th, 2004
Most of the stuff is how I feel most around wanting to kill people dark mysterious things usually in a code so if leave me book lying round no onw will understand it
|

replied June 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
A counsellor would tell you that often (& if done right!!) a journal to put your thoughts, feelings, anger, hurt etc in, can be very healthy but you then have to face it & move on & it's the moving on that you seem not to be doing.
|
Tags: Depression, head
Quick Reply