Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Discharge

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
After ovulation occur what kind of discharge you will have if you have intercourse in the correct time...I know that if we have a yellow kind of cloudy discharge mean that the egg is died and we will not get pregnant on that month..Is that true...I wonder what kind of discharge we will experience after intercourse on the ovulation time itself or one day early...Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile jess17xx
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Experienced User
Rinchan said:

...I know that if we have a yellow kind of cloudy discharge mean that the egg is died and we will not get pregnant on that month..Is that true.

rinchan, i'm not sure where you got this information, but it certainly isn't true. If this were, the home pregnancy test industry would go bankrupt! We would only have to watch our discharge to know if we're pregnant or not (wouldn't that be nice though??)!!

Honestly there is no real "tell-tale" "you're pregnant" discharge. Regardless if the egg is or is not fertilized, you will still have a typical ovulation type discharge (the egg-white texturey stuff), thinner in the days leading up to ovulation, and thicker and more stretchy on the day of (typically).But in no way is there a sort of "fertilized egg" vs "unfertilized egg" discharge. Some women may have implantation bleeding, but that won't occur until 2 weeks after ovulation (right about when, say, a period may start) but that doesn't always happen, in fact it's more the exception than the rule.

Just have intercourse, i'd say, when you first start noticing the thinner egg-white type of discharge. And maybe do so every other day until you notice the thicker (not to be confused with the semen that will inevitably be inside you) egg white discharge. Once the ovulation stage has passed, you should have little to no discharge until later in your cycle, when you are either pregnant or start your period. Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2011
well im hven a whit discharge its really thivk oderless doesnt burn when I pee,this is the first I hve had this so I dnt knw what it could

..help me to understand this please
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Experienced User
Thank You So Much
Actually if for example today I am ovulate ( by using opk) then when it the best time to intercourse ?? How about one day before ovulation happens... I am so nervious I hope I can get pregnant this time...Everytime we intercourse just on the ovulation day itself but with no luck...I wonder what is happening. Do you have any idea ??Thanks
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Experienced User
If you have intercourse only on the day of you probably have less of a chance, and I only say that because on ovulation day is your last "window of chance". Once the egg is out it only stays alive about 24 hours. So your better bet is to watch your cervical fluid changes, and once it starts to be the fertile fluid have sex, if you like you can do it every other day or every two days until you have the ovulation-day fluid (which is the most egg-white like sticky fluid). You see if you have sex 3-5 days before ovulation, you've got sperm then in your system sort of hanging out "waiting" for the egg to be released. So it's better to have the sperm in there "prepared" as it were for an egg to come along, rather than trying to find out when the egg will be coming (ovulation) and quickly trying to catch it.

Don't worry if it seems "too early" a few days before ovulation. The mucus discharge is there to help the sperm survive more than the typical 3 day life of sperm (in the mucus they can live 5 and occasionally more days).

Watch your cycle, and have intercourse on one or more of the days just before ovulation (when you start to see the "fertile" mucus). Your best chance is to have sperm waiting up in your fallopian tubes for the point when the egg comes along.

Hope that makes sense to you! Good luck!
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Question for the "Soccer Mom"s
My doctor just told me that my cramps [ which i know now are from the egg being released ] and my elevated temperature of 99.7F' more than likely have something to do with each other.She took some blood and urine tests. will get back to me next week. I'm 19 in less than 3 weeks. I experienced bad cramping yesterday all day in my right side. and slight pain today in my left side. My fiance and I had intercourse almost every other day of last week. I know I must have ovulated yesterday because of the pain but i thought it was supposed to be on the 16,17,and 18th of this month [June] because if that was the correct timing then these cramps are 4 days late. -
my last period was the 4th through the 8th of June, so I assumed ovulation would be on the days listed.
what are my chances of this being a pregnancy?

ps) Discharge has been on and off since the 19th. elastic-y egg white consistency to a thicker white discharge and back again, and so on.

ps2)Cervix feels softer than yesterday or the day before.not like the end of the nose feeling i've heard about. not by much but enough to realize a difference.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
UPDATED INFORMATION:

It is Thursday and I just took my temp.at 9:08am.
I took my temp. three times to be sure, and it is ranging between 98.6 and 99.3

lower back pains, slight cramping, I'm 10 days away from my next cycle, so this is abnormal for a menstrual period. My breasts don't hurt, they itch.
they don't seem to be getting any "larger" - but my hubby says they look just a little darker.?.

oh and little waves of nausea while driving or sitting in heat.

So here's hoping I've been granted some baby dust!
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2009
I dont have any kind of discharge while ovulating.I've been testing with the ovulating kit.. It appears I ovulate. I have already reached my peak day? Im worried that with out that egg-white discharge or elastic-egg white.. is not helping me get prego..does anyone know. if it's important.. i have also had blood test done on my hormones and nothing is wrong
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2011
Hi! I had sex around ovulation 11th/12th march 2011 and since then i have had bad BAD cramping all in my stomach and uterus - lower abdomen kinda thing and twinges all over. Along with that ive experienced nausea and excessive watery discharge. Your only supposed to have it before ovulation right? But my discharge has occured after then and is still occuring! :S ttc and this is first month of unprotected sex. Hope i conceive Smile Good luck to all xx
|

replied December 28th, 2011
i have been off the depo shot for a year now hope to be a mom soon. so dose any one know how long it kood take my periods were ragle after stoping the depo now thay have changed in the last three months
|

replied June 30th, 2012
@annebelle your 19!! You should be having fun not having a baby! At least wait til your 24+! Your so young to be having a baby!
|

replied June 30th, 2012
@annebelle your 19!! You should be having fun not having a baby! At least wait til your 24+! Your so young to be having a baby!
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
Annebelle don't listen to other peoples rude comments.... Younger mums make just as great parents Smile I had my first child at 17 and i am
Completely devoted to him! I'm
Now 21 and ttc again, with 3 miscarriages this year one at 7 weeks, one at 5 weeks and one at 9 weeks pregnant with twins.
I wish you all the luck in the world and I'll be praying for you all. Please also pray for me Smile x x x
|