Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Why Does the Board Replace Words With Strange Terms?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
In one thread, I typed out m-u-r-d-e-r without the hyphens, and it replaced it with "not a nice act".
And then in a thread jsut a minute ago, I typed !**@!, without the number 1 in it, and it replaced it with "health question"
what????
What's the big deal with this? These are things that exist in life, and to me this seems like sort of a way to not have to recognize that.
Being this is a mental health board, does this really seem like the best thing to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Actually this is a place where people try to help one another and one of the rules of being on the forum is not to use volgar or abusive language, there are many ways to express yourself without the foul language,
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
I understand that. However, one of my problems happens to be m-u-r-d-e-r, as it pertains to a family member.
And I can't get that point across if everytime I try to type it it replaces it with "not a nice act". As that term is very broad, and I can't see people assuming that everytime they see "not a nice act" in a post, that it means m-ur-der.
It's like drowning in sugar!

I know people come here for help. But I can't help but notice that this entire board has this ultra serious undertone all the time. How does that help anyone?
That itself is enough to drive a mo-fo insane!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Christine L. Selby
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar