Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Period? How Many Days After Sugar Pills? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I was just wondering how many days after u start taking the sugar pills should u get ur period? If I have taken my pills every day at almost exactly the same time, is it possible that I could be pregnant? I havent missed a pill yet. Im kinda freakin out.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Kails
|

replied May 21st, 2004
Experienced User
How many sugar pills have you taken? I usually get mine on the 3rd day of sugar pills.
|

replied May 21st, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
You should probably get your period while your still on the sugar pills, now which day that will be differs with every person. My first month I was freaking out too, because I had had sex within the first week of starting bc and I later found out that I should have waited a month (even though when I went to the website for my specific brand of bc they said I was covered after a week) but I eventually got it on the thursday (5 days into the sugar pills) wait for the week, if you start back on your hormone pills without having your period, and you suspect that you may be pregnant, take a test...
|

replied May 21st, 2004
Ive only taken two.. Although last time I think I got it after the second pill but I dont rememeber. (ive only been on the pill for about 2 months)
|

replied May 21st, 2004
Girl, lemme join ya ^_^"... I posted earlier about having gotten off bcp after taking the first sugar pill (it was my first month's supply), and I should have gotten my period no later than tuesday (5/18-- when the sugar pills would've run out), but so far no sign of it showing up. *shrugs* I even called the bcp company, and they said that the sudden drop in hormones (from me not taking the pink pills w/ active ingredients anymore-- right bfore the sugar pills) should've caused me to bleed, but so far I haven't gotten anything. I've taken four hpts that have all come out negative, so I dunno what to make of all of this Rolling Eyes . I figure if my period doesn't show by next week, i'll go to the doctor and request a blood test to determine if i'm pregnant or not. Soo... I guess we're both in the same boat here ^_^". Lemme know if anything changes! =)
|

replied May 21st, 2004
I get my period the 4th day (wednesday).. Good luck to both of ya!!

<3
gaby
|

replied June 5th, 2004
Okay im confused because my doctor told me to start the blue hormone pills when I start my period thats when I started the pill for the first time......So are u saying I should have started w/ the sugar pill???
|

replied June 6th, 2004
No, no.. You just start the normal pills.. Then 3 weeks later you start with the sugar pills and your period should come again

<3
gaby
|

replied June 6th, 2004
Oh god thanks u scared me there for a min lol yah I started mine 2 days ago and had really bad cramps today but I still havent gotten it yet.....Another thing when u all first started urs how long did u go for??
|

replied June 7th, 2004
Experienced User
After being on oral contraceptives for a while, your period will become more regular and will lessen with each month. Your period will usually begin about 2-4 days into the sugar pills. The first month your period may last the usual 5-7 days but will lessen with each month. I have been steady on birth control pills for many years and now my period only lasts 3-4 days and always begins on the 4th sugar pill. It will just take time for your period to become regular. And believe me, you will enjoy the regularity and lessening of the period itself. Best of luck!
Natalie
|

replied June 7th, 2004
My doc told me that you're protected when you take the first pill of the first day of your period when you start the pills...
And it's funny to hear about the sugar pills, we don't have those, we just have to take no pills for one week
|

replied June 30th, 2004
Well I had sex last night....And I start my period tonight(not sure if its started yet, tampons).
And if im on these"sugar pills" now and I start my period tonight, could I get pregnant from having sex last night?

And I havent missed any "active pills"
|

replied April 22nd, 2012
No because an egg is only "actively" alive for 24-48 hours after ovulation then it moves down (now "dead") to wait on your period. There's a small space for ovulation and to get pregnant.
|

replied June 9th, 2012
help!
ok, im confused . i think i missed a day of the sugar pills, but im NOT sure.. what do i do ? because i dont want to start the active pills a day to early .. if i do .. whats going to happen ? please help
|

replied June 9th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Your sugar pills does not matter. You can throw them all away and not take it if you want to. They are only there to remind you to take your pills every day and to help you to know when to start the next pack.

So makesure you start the next pack on the correct day, and you will be just fine.

Take care!
|

replied June 9th, 2012
how do i know if when to start them if i think i messed up a day
|

replied June 9th, 2012
Community Volunteer
You cannot mess up the sugar pills.

You should skip 7 days from your last active pill. On the8th day, start the next pack.
|

replied July 1st, 2004
I usually stop my actives on monday and get my period by friday...So that's 4 days for me.

When I first started bcps, sometimes i'd get a period and sometimes not. It was my body getting used to the hormones.

Relax... Smile
|

replied June 29th, 2009
Can Start birth control from between days !! ??
Hi...I want to delay my periods for a week and now its been a week i have finished my periods..Can i start taking birth control pills and continue them for 3 weeks..cos i dont wanna get periods exactly aftre a month...Ex: This month i was in periods on 4th "date" of a month and next month i dont wanna be on periods on 4th "date" but want to be a week after it ..that wud be nearly 11th date or something..So that my periods wud be delayed by a week..So is it possible i start taking BC from today??? please help
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Experienced User
As long as you have taken all your active pills and you remember to start your next pack ON TIME, you are just as protected against pregnancy during the placebo week as you are during the rest of the month.

Mine always starts on day 3. It's like clockwork. For some reason I always get anxious in the days leading up to it though! Usually I experience cramping before I bleed, too. The birth control pill works wonders. Good luck
|

replied July 8th, 2009
MESSED UP ? OR PREGNANT ?
say if i have been on birthcontrol for about 4 months
and i did great the first three months but then on the fourth month i screwed them up. instead of starting them on my usual sunday i started on a tuesday. i really didnt think anything of it but my mom was always saying that it had screwed me up and it may screw up my period. but my moms old fashion and kinda can be stupid about this so i really need help here girls ! ive been on the sugar pills for 2 days now yet i have i not gotten my period and usually i get it by the first day of sugar pills. i dont know if its cause im pregnant or because i messed up my cycle !!??!!
PLEASE SOMEONE HELPP ME OUT HERE !!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
Paranoid about being pregnant
I have been on the pill for nearly a yr and a half and have been pretty good at being up to date and on time with them, my period shortened for a while but now even when I start on the 3rd or 4th sugar pill I have my period for 5 days at least, sometimes 7...is it ok that they arent the same every time? or is something not working? Also I skipped the sugar pills cause I didnt want to have my period for a vacation, all went well. 2 months later I had sex on my 3rd sugar pill (I hadnt started my period yet) and came on 2 days later. the sex was without a condom, but I had my full period. But this weekend Ive been moody as hell and bloated, sometimes nauseous... but nothing else. Is this just post-symptoms or could I be pregnant? That was the only time I have not used a condom... but Im so paranoid... does anyone have facts that can help out?? technically I should be protected but how soon can you take a test? do I have to wait till I miss a period to take a test?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Experienced User
i had a positive test the day before my expected period. some people say to wait a week or two after your missed period
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2009
I have a question! I am 4 days into my sugar pills and dont have my period. I dont have my usual period symtoms. No sore boobs, no cramps. Am i pregnant?!
|

replied July 27th, 2009
well im freakin out as well. I skipped one pill by accident at the start of my pack, but i took it the next day as well as the one for that day. I also had unprotected sex that day so i was not covered. However i took the morning after pill to cover myself for that, and now im on my 3rd day of sugar pill and no sign of it. GOING OUT OF MY BRAINS scared!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile