Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Cramping After Sex...

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
The first few times we had sex there was no pain at all. Lately though, after we have sex she says she feels like she is having menstrual cramps...They last about 15 minutes or so, sometimes longer, and sometimes the pain doesn't occur immediately after sex (once it happened during)...But the last time it was about 30 minutes after sex that she started cramping up.

She has very very intense orgasms, and it is uncommon for her not to ejaculate during sex.

She is an average sized girl, I am 6'10", and am about 9 1/2"....We ruled out that my size could be the issue, because we had sex several times without the cramping occuring.

We usually have sex doggy-style, but the cramps occur when we are in the missionary position (in fact the one time they started during sex was in the missionary position).

She works only part time, and does not have insurance, so we were hoping to get some ideas as to what it could be before seeing her doctor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Six
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Keep an eye on them, that's what i'd say. Speaking from personal experience and knowledge of the mechanics of the female reproductive system, it's not uncommon for women to have cramps after sex - especially if they are prone to ovulation pain (mittleschmerz), pms cramping or during their period. After all an orgasm usually involved the uterus contracting, which is the same bodily process as cramps. So if they aren't too uncomfortable, or last terribly long, then I wouldn't worry, maybe just suggest taking some painkiller of choice before you have sex.
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe, try not doing that position and see what happens. It could be that you are too big for her in that position, as far as building up air (cuz it could be gas cramps). Is there a possibility that she is preg?

~jennifer~
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2011
Pain following sex
After sex I had intense cramping and I have never experienced this before, and breast have been hurting for a week now. I am due to start my menstrual this month on the 8th. my last menstrual was Feb 8th and I am a 28 days person. What is happening to me?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile