Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Period On 3rd Day?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I'm on cyclessa and i'm starting my fourth pack today. Everytime I get my period on that last week it always starts on the 3rd or 4th day and continues through the next pack of 'active' pills for like a day or two. Is this normal? Sometimes I skip a few pills in the last week because I forget those but never the active pills. I am still fully protected right? I wasn't sure if because I skipped some that it started late.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 20th, 2004
Experienced User
Sounds Normal to Me
The sugar pills are there to get you in the habit of regularly taking pills, you take these instead of four weeks of hormone pills because the lack of hormones gives you a period-type bleeding. Just take the next cycle of pills on time and you should be fine.
|

replied June 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
It is completely normal to have your period at that time. I have been on birth control pills for 4 years. My period starts the 4th day of my sugar/placebo pills. I don't end my bleed until approx the monday after I have started my new pack. This is normal and completely fine. You do not have to take the 4th week of pills. They are simply sugar pills as you know to keep you in the habit of taking a pill daily. I never take them, because they are non-hormonal. If you think you may forget to start up your new pack on that sunday then take them they don't harm nor help you.
|

replied June 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Same thing here. Perfectly normal.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile