Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Absorbable Sutures - Allergy

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Hello;

i have a plastic allergy and I am allergic to absorbable sutures. How do I counter the effect once they begin to absorb into my system? Typically, I have severe bone and msucle pain. I can almost feel it traveling through my blood system.

Robin
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sandyallen
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Always let them know before surgery, you should have it listed on all of your medical records and they do have a bracelet that you can buy and put on there that you are allergic to that.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied May 17th, 2004
Allergy Bracelets
Sandy,

i had an allergy bracelet on that is how all this started. What happens now that I have the sutures in me?

Robin
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Talk to your Dr.!
|

replied August 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Speaking of sutures, I still have one in my finger, had it for 6 months and it never bothered me.. Until now. It really hurts in that spot and I don't know why.

Any input?
|

replied May 30th, 2013
I am allergic to every thing put in me. It goes with my many auto-immune diseases I have! I've had doctors who have had to just sit on appendicitis because I would die if they went in and I might die if they did not and it blew. I'm still here--thank GOD!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram