Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Thick Sinus Secretions

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
Hi guys!
I have been suffering from severe sinus problems. I used to have headaches on my right side. I had a septoplasty done. The headaches are gone now. However, I still think the sinus secretions are thick. This seems to give me a really bad breath. I've tried nasal sprays and even mucinex.. They help.. But, the breath problem is still noticable.
My doc says that my sinus is wide open since the septoplasty and has no answers for the bad breath. I have a feeling that he thinks that i'm imagining it.. I'm not and I cannot wait for the problem to just go away.. And yes, the sinus secretions seem to get thicker when i'm inside an airconditioned building..Outside, it's not fully gone, but it is definitely better...

Any ideas? I'm really desperate for a solution...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Thick Sinus Secretions
The continued thick, mucus secretions could continue to get trapped into the sinuses causing secondary infection and thereby consequent to the same cause bad breath. Homeopathic medicine has good remedies like sticta, kali bichromicum etc. To get rid of the secretions, infection and the cause of bad breath.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile