Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

What Does Blue Veins Mean? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I have blue veins on my breasts and I never had them before until about one or two weeks ago. Is this a sign of pregnancy? I'm so confused Confused.
But i've also been have pains in my stomach and breasts have been getting big and hurt a little bit but it's to ealry to take a test so can any give some advice? I could really use some advice. Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied May 19th, 2004
Experienced User
You might be pregnant.
|

replied May 19th, 2004
Experienced User
You could be pregnant, but you can't diagnose yourself as being pregnant just because you have blue veins on your breast. When you can see your veins, that just means that they are closer to the outer layer of skin. The only way to be for sure that you are pregnant is to take a home pregnancy test.
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks For the Reply
Well I still can see the blue veins getting clear and my stomach hurts and my nipples are getting bigger and more senstive and darker and my stomach feels different and my husband said that i'm pregnant that he feels that I am. Thats how he knew about our daughter and he was right. But I don't want to get my hopes up and i'll find out in about a week or two and i'll let you guys know. But thanks for the time in reading my topic and thanks for your help.
Or and i've been going to the bathroom alot and drinking alot more water than usaual. Do u have any more advice for please let me know thanks again.
|

replied May 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Basically my advice is to wait a bit longer and observe the further changes. Heh I know it's not concrete, but that's the way these things go. If you take the test too early you could still get a negative even if you are pregnant. What you describe does sound like early pregnancy symptoms, but I wouldn't say a definite. Give it some time.

Edited to say: drinking alot more water would make anyone urinate alot more... Even an old man :p
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks For Everthing
Thanks for your advice and I know that drinking alot of water makes you go to the bathroom more. But my nipples are really sore and are getting bigger and I don't have any bras on tight and they are getting darker and my stomach feels different I don't know how to explain it. But thanks for the advice. I'll just wait to take a test and i'll keep you up dated. Thanks bye
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Blue veins are normal. The fact that you can see them now and couldn't earlier just means they've moved closer to your skin's surface. This can also happen when your body gets hot. The blood cools off faster when it is closer to your skins surface, lowering your overall body temperature. The blue color just means that this is one of your veins that returns blood to the heart after your body has used the oxygen. Red blood is blood that has come into contact with oxygen. When the oxygen is depleted, blood turns blue.
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks For Your Help
Well thanks everyone for your help. But I still feel like i'm pregnant. I don't know what to do my husband says that I am and my friends at work say I am that I look pregnant but I don't want to get my hopes up. I should get my period in about a two weeks if I don't then I might be pregnant. But this month is going by so slow but it feels like for ever. My nipples are sore and they are getting bigger and fuller I just don't know what to do i'm scared to go to the doctor cause of what he might say. But i'm going to the restroom alot and even with I don't drink that much liquids. Can ya help me again I would appericate it thanks again bye for now
i'll update you again on me thanks for your time bye
gina Confused
|

replied October 12th, 2011
same problem
I have the same problem!! I missed my period i had nausea for a week, frequent urination, my breast got fuller and im starting to show veins in my breast in the areola sorry for the misspell. Ive been having cramps but not bad just slightly cramps. I think im 40 days late i took 2 pregnancy test yesterday and came out negative today i started to show more veins in my breast in the areola.. any suggestions on wat could it be..?? Plz help
|

replied September 1st, 2004
I Feel the Same Way Too
I'm have blue veins across my chest (not breast), my breast are sore and niplles (when they're touched too). I've had this symptom for 3 weeks now. I missed me depo injection intentionally in july, I bled for 3-months (may-august). I get leg cramps when i'm in bed, I get chills off and on. I feel that i'm pregnant too. The sore breast came on the 3rd day after we had unprotected sex (unproctected sex for 4 days in a row). You're not alone on this one.
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I got blue veins on my boobs, but they went to the nipple. What i've heard is that it just means your body is doing it's job to prepare for a baby. So you could be pregnant, but you have to wait it out and test. I started getting the vein thing about two weeks after conception. Although, my positive test has come up yesterday afternoon. This morning I took one and it was negative. However, I still feel pregnant. Sometimes I think intuition speaks louder than anything else. Don't doubt yourself until you've proven it with a period. And even then make sure your acting pregnant by take prenatel pills and not smoking and such. Too many people just assume the test is right and then they start up with old habits because they don't think they are pregnant. Good luck to you! Try to wait it out though.
|

What Do U Think About This?
Okay pitterpatter, what do you think about my blue veins across my chest? I noticed one vein cross my breast, but due to my shade, it prevents me from pin pointing the "vein to my nipple". My breast are still sore and its going on the 3rd week. I have other sypmtoms as well... Should I wait another week or so for a hpt?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
You can try one, but don't be surprised if it's negative. My veins got darker as they moved. I think if your pregnant and even if your not and you have a imbalance of some sort, your veins will become darker. However, if your dark complected you may not be able to see them as well.
|

replied February 6th, 2005
I Have a Question
Hi my breasts are sore bigger, fuller, and I also can see the blue vein. I have been going to the bathroom a lot. I never been pregnant before. Are these some signs of a pregnancy?
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Think I'm Pregnant?
it is a few days too early to take a pregnancy test but i have very dark veins on my breasts and around my nipples that i never had before..my boobs are growing and hurt alot. I've had unprotected sex 2-3 weeks ago but the past little while i've been feeling extremely tired and dizzy if i stand for too long or get up suddenly. My appetite has increased dramatically but no matter how much i eat i still get hunger pains. I'm so bloated and gross feeling and some points during the day i just cry for no reason or get really annoyed and bothered by everything. I was on b.c up until 3 days ago i stopped taking it. usually when i stop my pills in the middle i get my period. but i didnt this time. Do you think im pregnant????
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Think I'm Pregnant?
xobabigurl wrote:
it is a few days too early to take a pregnancy test but i have very dark veins on my breasts and around my nipples that i never had before..my boobs are growing and hurt alot. I've had unprotected sex 2-3 weeks ago but the past little while i've been feeling extremely tired and dizzy if i stand for too long or get up suddenly. My appetite has increased dramatically but no matter how much i eat i still get hunger pains. I'm so bloated and gross feeling and some points during the day i just cry for no reason or get really annoyed and bothered by everything. I was on b.c up until 3 days ago i stopped taking it. usually when i stop my pills in the middle i get my period. but i didnt this time. Do you think im pregnant????

first off this is a really old post!

second take a test
|

first off i just joined this site today
and second off i wrote this post today
|

Especially eHealthy
xobabigurl wrote:
first off i just joined this site today
and second off i wrote this post today

yeah but you posted in it a topic thats over TWO years old Wink
|

Especially eHealthy
just make a new post so that people will see it and answer your question
because this post is really old
|

replied February 8th, 2009
I think I might be Pregnant?
My breast are very tender of an on before and after my last period which wasn't regular... Now I have blue vains going across my chest and on my boobs.... my stomach is also tight and i'm breaking out with all kind of pimples.. Could I be Pregnant?
|

replied February 8th, 2009
Pregnant or Not?
My breast are very tender of an on before and after my last period which wasn't regular... Now I have blue vains going across my chest and on my boobs.... my stomach is also tight and i'm breaking out with all kind of pimples.. Could I be Pregnant? Rolling Eyes
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur