Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Gout Attacks Recurring

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
I am 28 and have been diagnosed with gout last year. After my first attack which was on and off for about 1 month, I was placed on allupurinol....Well, I decided to take myself off the medication because I felt that I wouldn't get another attack...Guessed wrong. A few weeks ago I had another acute attack that went away in a few days but has come back 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I was taking vioxx 50 mg but now am taking indocin 50 mg....Has anyone had to deal with these recurring attacks of gout? Even my doctor finds it unusuall that the attacks keep coming, even with the medication....
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper merrymix
|

replied June 15th, 2004
Experienced User
Gout Attacks Recurring
Yes, I had to deal with recurring gout attacks. But that was after 20 some years of gout. I have some thoughts for your reference:

1) you may not be on an effective dosage of indocin. Depending on the "size" of gout, one may need 50~150 mg of indocin a day to stay ahead of the gout. With lingering gout like yours, 50 mg/day may be too low. You may like to talk to your doctor about it. As of vioxx, it helped me little.

2) I don't think your first recent attack really went away. The 3 followup attacks are more like the same lingering attack. Make sure an attack is 100% gone before stopping indocin or doing heavy exercise.

3) one should not start taking allopurinol during the attack because it will prolong the attack.

4) you can find additional info at http://www.Icuredmygout.Org .

Take care.
|

replied June 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Gout Attacks Recurring
Gout is a metabolic disorder in which there is an excessive production of uric acid, intake of foods which produce more uric acid on breakdown or insufficient filtration by the kidneys in removing uric acid. The deposition of uric acid happens into the joints whenever the concentration is more in the blood circulation causing the pain and swelling.
Homeopathic medicine has good remedies to correct the situation in reducing the amount of uric acid in the circulation and giving relief from the pain. I am sure homeopathy would be a best bet in treatment of gout.

Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Homeopathy For Gout
I spent about $2,000 on homeopathic supplements for gout. Every 15 minutes I had to take something. If it helped, no one told me.
Finally I found a real cure for gout and it only costs $3.99. Read about it in this section under "cheap cure for gout".
|

replied June 30th, 2004
Experienced User
No homoeopathic medicine costs more than $35 even for one month's dosage. There are no homeopathic "supplements" for gout and only proper medicines.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Homeopathy For Gout
When I really think about it, $2,000 is probably too conservative an estimate. I was on this stuff for a full year. Every time I had an office visit with him, I was given a list of what more to get. I felt like a guniea pig. Among the numerous supplements were homeopathics such as unda, renelix, and rheum as well as others I don't remember. Innerlight prime ph, fyi, wobenzyme, gotein, concentrate cherry, soy products and compounded hormone formulas were just a few more among many more. Yes, each bottle was about $35. For just the three little homeopathics alone mentioned above, that came to $1,260 per year. Add to that all the rest and it is well above the $2,000 mark.
So, you can imagine my joy to find the total cure for a simple $3.99.
I've been telling everyone who will listen. This is something for even the poor. Not to mention that they can also save the $150 every 6 weeks per office call for the naturopathic visits. This one was also a medical doctor but insurance didn't cover any of my visits.
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
I am sorry they are not homeopathic medicines at all unless they are some sort of compounds made for commercial purposes. Also as I said the average cost of one month medication for gout would not be more than 35$.
Also gout is a metabolic disorder and they are certain causes of which cannot be cured at all but can be controlled effectively with homeopathy.

There could definetely cheaper forms of treatment than this too.

Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied July 2nd, 2004
Homeopathy For Gout
You said they were not homeopathic remedies? It says they are on the front of the labels of unda, renelix, and rheum.
It is my own humble opinion that doctors are confused about gout or they would understand how to treat it better. A number of my relatives and siblings also have gout and they are unwilling to try my cheap and simple cure but have opted instead to be on a lifetime of medications.
Do the research.......Gout is caused by an inability to produce uricase.
You can't buy uricase -- the body has to produce it. It produces it through digestion of food. Uricase carries the uric acid out of the body. Without it, your blood is acidic producing crystals and you have gout. Foods high in purines are not the problem. Food is the problem. With gout, you can't digest properly -- especially but not limited to proteins.
Read my cheap cure for gout -- $3.99 to buy it through the internet or maybe you can find it in your local health food store.
One more interesting thing about gout is that it gets worse in the months of march, especially april, and may. Don't know why.
|

replied July 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Homeopathy For Gout
As I said it could be some commercial preparation with ingredients as homeopathic medicines and no wonder the result in your case.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied August 29th, 2013
Gout is inflammation and I was on Indomethacin for it but it is very damaging to your stomach, so the Dr put me on another expensive drug to counter the first. Still got recurring gout. Then through my research on inflammation I discovered a natural product called Zyflamend by a company called New Chapter that has changed my life. Gout is gone for good and no harmful side effects. I have been on Zyflamend now daily for years and it is wonderful.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov